Notices

New to the forum

Old 02-05-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

Default New to the forum

Hello Everyone,

I am 23 years old and I have always had a constant struggle with my weight since I was 13 yrs old. It has been so hard but about a two years ago I met the love of my life and we decided to get fit together and lose weight. He has been my main support, because my family really dosent want to see me prosper and become more fit or thinner than them.(Sad isnt it) I started my diet when I was weighing in at 235 lbs and now I weigh 182.4lbs, but I keep going up and down and I just need people to talk to that are having the same problems as me. I hope to make new friends here and continue my diet till i reach my goal of 150 lbs.

If any one has any recipes that they can share with me I would greatly appriciate it. (especially dessert recipes lol I am a chocoholic)

I look foward to chatting with you guys!!

Nayka
Old 02-05-2011, 01:44 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to FitDay and the forums!

Spend some time reading the subforums and I'm sure you'll meet some folks in a similar situation.

I've personally had a weight problem all my life so I can comiserate with you. Congrats on the progress you have made so far.

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-05-2011, 02:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS to you too, wow you have really lost alot of weight thats so awsome. Good Job!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:03 AM
Super Moderator

Congratulations on your progress so far, Nayka! You will find that FitDay offers you a lot of tools and motivation to keep going and we look forward to seeing more posts from you.

If you check out the Foods section, there have been a number of recipe threads that might give you some ideas, and some of those have references to good online resources or cookbooks as well.

I hear what you're saying about your family. Sometimes success of one is threatening to the others, as it upsets the balance of how things have always been. Just know that you are strong and worth doing this for, and rely on those who do support you.

Maybe we need a family vent thread for all those saboteurs in our lives .
Old 02-05-2011, 10:35 AM
FitDay Member

I can definitely sympathize with you! I'm currently at 200, and my goal is also 150. I've only just begun; congrats on your already successful weight-loss! I understand your problems with your family, mine is specifically with my mother. I'm having a hard time getting her support. I've told her about getting a personal trainer, and have mentioned a couple times when she called that I just got back from the gym, and she has yet to say one thing acknowledging my efforts. She is severely overweight herself, and I think you're right that they don't want us to get more fit then them. We have to understand that we are doing this for ourselves, above everyone else. I'm wishing you all the luck, I know we can do it!
Old 02-06-2011, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cjohnson728
Congratulations on your progress so far, Nayka! You will find that FitDay offers you a lot of tools and motivation to keep going and we look forward to seeing more posts from you.

If you check out the Foods section, there have been a number of recipe threads that might give you some ideas, and some of those have references to good online resources or cookbooks as well.

I hear what you're saying about your family. Sometimes success of one is threatening to the others, as it upsets the balance of how things have always been. Just know that you are strong and worth doing this for, and rely on those who do support you.

Maybe we need a family vent thread for all those saboteurs in our lives .
Thank you so much and you are absolutely right they should have a family venting thread. My family is not supportive at all Its not like I can tell my mom Hey I lost another pound today, the response I get is oh ok thats good and then she changes the subject, or my favorite line you trying to make us feel fat?? LOL But thanks for you caring words.
How long have you been a member to this forum? And whats your weight loss goal?
Old 02-06-2011, 12:23 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alyssumm
I can definitely sympathize with you! I'm currently at 200, and my goal is also 150. I've only just begun; congrats on your already successful weight-loss! I understand your problems with your family, mine is specifically with my mother. I'm having a hard time getting her support. I've told her about getting a personal trainer, and have mentioned a couple times when she called that I just got back from the gym, and she has yet to say one thing acknowledging my efforts. She is severely overweight herself, and I think you're right that they don't want us to get more fit then them. We have to understand that we are doing this for ourselves, above everyone else. I'm wishing you all the luck, I know we can do it!
I wish you the best of luck also with your weight loss and you are gonna reach your goal in no time, I know you can do it! I can also sympathize with you becuase my mom is the same, she can see that I lost weight or I tell her and she just brushes it off or dosen't acknowledge it. But if you need support or a push now you have me as a buddy

How long have you been a member to this forum?
Old 02-06-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by starynight142001
I wish you the best of luck also with your weight loss and you are gonna reach your goal in no time, I know you can do it! I can also sympathize with you becuase my mom is the same, she can see that I lost weight or I tell her and she just brushes it off or dosen't acknowledge it. But if you need support or a push now you have me as a buddy

How long have you been a member to this forum?
Less than a week, I'm still just getting started. I'm sorry about your mother. It's hard to understand why a mother would act as ours are. I just hope they are eventually able to be happy for us. I hope you're having a good weekend, keep up the good work!!
Old 02-06-2011, 04:57 AM
FitDay Member

Ooohh chocolate dessert, my favorite. Have you tried any of the 60-70 calorie pudding cups? They are super yummy, there is also a brand around here called Kozy Shack (in the refrigerator section) and they make really yummy pudding too, but their products are more old fashion tasting than Hunt's or Jell-O. I also like to make chocolate protein shakes, they are really good for you but taste more like chocolate sin. And there are a couple of chocolate protein bars that are equally good. I also find that dark chocolate sometimes has fewer calories and tastes better now that most of the "sweet" things I eat are fresh fruit and low-cal yogurt. One thing I've found really helpful in the chocolate battle is Tootsie Rolls, they have about 10 calories/each and sometimes give me what I need without caving in to a whole chocolate bar binge.

Good luck on your journey. And I can totally relate to the mom issues. Mine is supportive in her own way, but not always helpful. She got mad at me when I gave away all my fat clothes, because clearly in her mind, I'm going to need them again. She has also told me non-stop lately that I've lost enough weight and I should put some back on. Meanwhile I'm still technically overweight. Then she calls and wants diet advice for herself, and when I gave her some, she told me I was wrong. Then she called like a month later and said I was right. I just figure that she doesn't have any more clue than I used to, so I decided to treat her diet questions like I do with any of my other girlfriends and be as honest, helpful and supportive as possible and not be offended when my advice is ignored. Moms are human and she is after all, just an older version of me, right?
Old 02-06-2011, 06:39 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by almeeker
Ooohh chocolate dessert, my favorite. Have you tried any of the 60-70 calorie pudding cups? They are super yummy, there is also a brand around here called Kozy Shack (in the refrigerator section) and they make really yummy pudding too, but their products are more old fashion tasting than Hunt's or Jell-O. I also like to make chocolate protein shakes, they are really good for you but taste more like chocolate sin. And there are a couple of chocolate protein bars that are equally good. I also find that dark chocolate sometimes has fewer calories and tastes better now that most of the "sweet" things I eat are fresh fruit and low-cal yogurt. One thing I've found really helpful in the chocolate battle is Tootsie Rolls, they have about 10 calories/each and sometimes give me what I need without caving in to a whole chocolate bar binge.

Good luck on your journey. And I can totally relate to the mom issues. Mine is supportive in her own way, but not always helpful. She got mad at me when I gave away all my fat clothes, because clearly in her mind, I'm going to need them again. She has also told me non-stop lately that I've lost enough weight and I should put some back on. Meanwhile I'm still technically overweight. Then she calls and wants diet advice for herself, and when I gave her some, she told me I was wrong. Then she called like a month later and said I was right. I just figure that she doesn't have any more clue than I used to, so I decided to treat her diet questions like I do with any of my other girlfriends and be as honest, helpful and supportive as possible and not be offended when my advice is ignored. Moms are human and she is after all, just an older version of me, right?
Thank you for the chocolate advice, I have never tried the pudding cups but I think I might give them a try. Thats sucks that your mom got upset over that, I think you have done an amazing job of loosing weight 96 lbs is no joke. Keep up the good work and I might also try the tootsie rolls lol for my chocolate fix.

Mom's sometimes just dont understand!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.