Notices

Need community to celebrate with

Old 02-04-2011, 12:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default Need community to celebrate with

Next week I celebrate one year of my Y membership - it's been amazing for me, although I'm far from an athlete, I have learned to really feel good after a run. One of the staff there is amazing, and spent some time with me on core exercises yesterday - he said "of course it's hard, I don't want to show you what you already know".

My current phase of fitness quest began two years ago when my husband had a wake up call about his weight, we changed the way we eat, he lost 100 lbs, I lost 40 - 9 of that is back some of the time .

I'm at a decent BMI and fat percent, but would love to move the big weight on the scale!

I would like encouragement after working out, I always want to tell others how good I feel after a good run - but most people don't want to hear it.

I wish all of you good health, and admire you for taking it in your own hands!

Abby
Old 02-04-2011, 01:12 AM
FitDay Member

Abby,
CONGRATULATIONS on the 1yr anniversary! That's great! It takes self discipline, self motivation and a whole lot of want to, to accomplish what you have. You're capable of anything you set your mind to!

I too love the "after workout" glow. It's crazy because when I work out in the morning, I am so full of energy, I'm happy, I'm motivated to clean my house (husband is jumping up and down with joy), it's just a really great feeling. But when I work out at night, it's so relaxing and mind clearing...if that's even a word.
Bottom line, it's definitely addicting.

Good for you Abby! Keep up the good work! Remember, it's not always about how you look, it's about how you feel. If you feel good on the inside, it will show on the outside.

Jessica
Old 02-04-2011, 01:23 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums.

Congrats on keeping the commitment to work out and get healthy (congrats to your DH as well--100 off is a major accomplishment!).

And I agree--I love HAVING exercised .

Regards,
Michael
Old 02-04-2011, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Abby - agreed, the benefits of exercise kick in when it is DONE. ha ha!! Terrific accomplishments to boast for you and your hubby! Best wishes!