Notices

Tired

Old 01-30-2011, 10:39 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Tired

Where I'm at it's cloudy and dreary looking. We're expecting a winter storm in the next day or two.

It has been a very emotional this weekend. Our son was admitted to the hospital thinking it was a heart attack. But wasn't. Prayers were answered!!! : )

Yesterday it was in the 60's so I walked down the hill to the creek below our house. By the time I made it back up I was breathing like a raging bull!!

Last year I'd started working out at the local gym, lost a lot of inches and began building muscle. Then I pulled something in or around my hip area...never really knew what it was. That prevented me from doing my normal work out and yep, got out of the habit of working out completely.

I want to get back to that. Been having lots of trouble with self-motivation. And don't wanta hurt myself again.

However I do wanta get to having way more energy and the ability to scoot up and down the hill to the creek. It's a tremendous blessing where we live and I long to enjoy every inch of it!!!

But after that panting and puffing up the hill yesterday, I've decided I will lose the unwanted weight and learn how to become healthy.

I have been successfully readjusting my eating habits with my husband and I beginning to eat healthier. That makes me feel better!![/FONT]
Old 01-30-2011, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Pamela, welcome to FitDay. If you want to lose weight and get fit, you've come to the right place.

Check out the rest of the subforums and don't hesitate to ask if you need help or advice.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-30-2011, 01:36 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums!

What are your short/long term goals?
Old 01-30-2011, 01:52 PM
FitDay Member

Smile Goals??

Very good question!!

And I 'luv' goals but not sure I've really set any.

Hummm....let's see.

Of course I wanta be healthier...I try to NOT focus on the weight numbers!!!

My first goal is to drop to #169 by the end of Feb. Hoping for more!

I have started working on changing my eating habits and am seeing some needed success...cutting out a lot of sweets and going with more fruit.

My craving is for CARBS!!!!

Gotta figure out how to replace bad ones for good ones and feel satisfied!!!

I will give some thought to setting manageable goals so I can reach them!

Thanks for the prompt!!!!
Old 01-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Super Moderator

Grilled veggies works for me! When I can't grill I throw them in a big non stick pan on high with a little pam olive oil. It kind of makes them a little "burnt" around the edges and I just kind of snack on it all day! I also snack on red grapes all day. I just measure all of it and log it before I do!

You might want to check out the 7 day motivational thread in the Women's Only Forum.