Notices

New To Fitday

Old 01-31-2011, 11:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default New To Fitday

Hi
Just found this website last week. Looking for a buddy to share the ups and downs. I follow the Jenny Craig diet. I am aiming to lose 19 lbs by July.
I am a slow loser unfortunately plus it is a lifestyle change..and I really shouldn't call it a diet. I try to exercise but things just seem to get in the way..
But I am working on it.
Hope to find a buddy soon
Old 01-31-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Default Buddy?

Hey, Peacock!
I have also just started - looking to lose pregnancy weight (plus a few extra kgs that have gone on since my boy was born . . . ). I've done it at home before (gone from Australian size 12 to 8 in 6 months - about 16kgs, or 35lbs) but this time I seem to be having trouble staying motivated.
I also would like to share my experiences with someone who is just starting/starting again. Whaddaya think?
BeHaze
Old 02-02-2011, 12:22 AM
FitDay Member

Hi
Nice to meet you. It would be great to buddy up.
How old is your baby?
I am on about 1200 cal a day..and I drink 8 cups of water. What system are you following.
We have major snow here today. How is it there?
write soon.
Kathy
Old 02-02-2011, 04:04 AM
FitDay Member

I am a slow loser too. So slow that I get discouraged really easily. lol
I am following the weight watcher plan. Just like you, I try to exercise but day to day things get me side tracked. We're getting the Wii fit this week and I look forward to working out with that!

Let me know how I can help you attain your goal. I'd like to lose 10lbs by middle of next month.
Old 02-02-2011, 12:31 PM
FitDay Member

Hi
Glad to meet you. You will have to let me know how the Wii is. I try and do indoor walking with a dvd. We have so much snow here right now. It takes only about 18 mins but is is a start. It is a 1 mile walk. Going to try 2 mile workout to. Do you have any exercise dvd?
Losing my weight..chip..chip..I lose about 1lb a week. sometimes..My fat cells love me..lol..lol.
write soon.
Let me know how I can help.
thanks
Kathy
Old 02-02-2011, 01:29 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Kathy!
My son is now 9 months old, and I also have an 8 year old son. We're going to have more, but I would like to be in the best shape possible (healthy, I mean!) before going into that. And, of course, it will probably help to lose it again after the new one is born!
How about you? Kids? Married?
1200 calories? Okay - in Australia, we usually go by kilojoules and I haven't yet looked up the recommended calorie intake. Last time I lost weight, I just avoided KFC (which was very hard ) and did a lot of exercise, but didn't worry about calories/kilojoules.
Not on any 'diet', as such. Just intend to go out each week and buy out the fruit & veg shop, then get only the minimum needed for my partner and our son (Deklan) to have work/school lunches. So far this week, there have been few complaints about dinners - so I'm giving them a treat of fish tonight with their baked potatoes and steamed veggies! Looking forward to the love coming in for that!
How have you gone today? Have you done your mile walk yet? And what are your plans for dinner?
The Wii Fit (and Fit Plus) we have. I used it for quite a while, but sadly seeing the almost imperceptible difference in weight loss made me feel a little disheartened. Now I am using it once a week just to keep track of my BMI. However, my 'sister-in-law' used it to great effect, so it could be a winner, especially if you're cooped up with snow outside.
How I wish we got snow! :P We've been planning a snow holiday for a couple of years, so far, but our kitty is still empty . . . We'll get there!
Do you have a 'motivational reward' for certain weight losses?
Hope to hear from you soon!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:17 PM
FitDay Member

Kathy,
I'll get to start using the Wii this weekend. I'm excited! I'll definitely keep everybody updated. I'm in Arizona and it was 48 degrees F today. FREEZING!! lol
So, in following the Weight Watcher plan, I went over my allowed points by 5. . *sigh* Tomorrow's a new day.
You should check out a book called "Be a Loser", by Greer Childers. It's about using your breathing to burn fat while doing a series of stretching. Kind of like yoga. I love it! When I actually do it on a consistent basis, I can see results w/in 2 weeks. And it gives you TONS of energy!

behaze, thanks for letting me know about the Wii results. I had this brilliant picture in mind of me dropping the pounds like crazy once I started. I'm the type that will do it so much for a couple of weeks that I'll get burned out. We'll see...my husband is going to do it with me. Kind of like a competition.

It's great to get to know you all!
Jessica
Old 02-02-2011, 05:39 PM
FitDay Member

Hehe, Jessica, I had that brilliant image in my mind, too! But my sister-in-law has since moved to the UK on a working visa and is now a fitness instructor. So you just never know!

I'm a workout-DVD-junkie, and that worked for me before, so I'm doing that again (and adding to my collection every now and then while 'just window shopping' on ebay - hehe).

And it must be wonderful to have that in-house workout buddy. Go guys! Woo!
Old 02-03-2011, 01:31 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by alleysgurl
Kathy,
I'll get to start using the Wii this weekend. I'm excited! I'll definitely keep everybody updated. I'm in Arizona and it was 48 degrees F today. FREEZING!! lol
So, in following the Weight Watcher plan, I went over my allowed points by 5. . *sigh* Tomorrow's a new day.
You should check out a book called "Be a Loser", by Greer Childers. It's about using your breathing to burn fat while doing a series of stretching. Kind of like yoga. I love it! When I actually do it on a consistent basis, I can see results w/in 2 weeks. And it gives you TONS of energy!

behaze, thanks for letting me know about the Wii results. I had this brilliant picture in mind of me dropping the pounds like crazy once I started. I'm the type that will do it so much for a couple of weeks that I'll get burned out. We'll see...my husband is going to do it with me. Kind of like a competition.

It's great to get to know you all!
Jessica
Hi
Your youngest son...is a really cute stage. Can you take him out in the stroller and do walking? I was planning to do my walk today..but a meeting came up with my Mom. So once again it is on hold.
The book sounds really interesting I will see if I can find it and read it. I am on 1200 cal and I track/journal them.
I am married and have 3 grown kids..I had twins..a boy and girl and one other boy...so three kids. I have a golden retriever called Sandy...and a hubby of course..my best fr iend. He is watching what he is eating as he is trying to lose weight also.
My rewards for losing weight can be buy something nice to wear. Getting into my skinny clothes I couldn't fit in before.
I had a frozen dinner tonight..low calories..was good. Mac N Cheese. I try to drink lots of water also...8 cups at least a day.
I hope you are safe...I have heard about the weather you are having over there. I hope you don't too much rain.
Have a nice day/night...write soon
Kathy
Old 02-03-2011, 02:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, Kathy!

It's so nice to have someone supportive in the house, isn't it? Last night I was tentatively asked if this 'new me' was going to ban red meat from dinners from now on . . . but he did start it up by saying how he's loving the salads and vegetables and healthy soups, bless his heart. And no, red meat isn't banned, I just didn't buy any this week.

Oooh, mac & cheese! There's a healthy version? Even saying the name makes me feel half a kilo heavier! We didn't end up having our fish last night. We ran out of gas just as the oven finished pre-heating. So it's on Saturday's menu, now, currently happily sitting in the fridge and marinating.

At the moment, walking with Rogue (the 9 month old) in the stroller is out. I don't know if you heard of the flooding in Brisbane last month . . ? Well, we live about 2 hours north of Brisbane in an area notorious for ridiculous flooding, so we were flooded out and isolated a few days before the Brisbane disasters set in, though we're much better equipped to deal with it. Anyway, all that torrential rain has completely eroded our dirt-track driveway (it's about 800m long, which I think converts to roughly half a mile) and the real estate is studiously ignoring my requests for repair, which have only been going on for about two years! So the walking with the stroller from home is not really an option (my car's suspension hates me at the moment. I wouldn't be surprised to find it sitting angrily at the top of the driveway, having disconnected itself and refusing to make the trip even one more time). It's a bugger, really, because I did, just a couple of months ago (when the driveway was still reasonably safe to traverse) get a baby seat for my bike. We're too far out of town to actually GO anywhere, unless I want to be riding for four or five hours (something I don't think Rogue would be too thrilled with) but around here, there is some beautiful scenery. That's okay, I have an extensive DVD collection, so this week I've done aerobics, tae bo, ballet and a seriously hard-core abdominal workout, always followed by a session of pilates. As well, I find I'm up, getting Rogue out of all the things he shouldn't be in, now he's discovered his own brand of crawling.

I was eating about 600 calories a day this week (not starving myself, simply eating only fruit and veg with a slice of toast to accompany my poached egg in the morning), so I've since looked it up and am slowly increasing, so as not to offset any achievements I may have so far made. Well, I may top my 1200 today, anyway, as Friday is my naughty day. Wine tonight!!

I'm doing the clothes thing for motivation, also. In fact, I emptied my wardrobe of all the old skinny clothes this week (except two dresses for comparison purposes!), so when I get to a certain weight, and know I've been making the right food choices, I can allow myself to get something new. Plus, all my old clothes are going to the RSPCA op shop here in Gympie, who didn't prepare and got wiped out by the flood here (their profits go toward paying the mortgage for the actual animal shelter), so it's benefits all around!

How about you, Jessica? What are your motivational rewards?

What do you guys do for a living? I write. Can you tell?

Have you tried pilates before, Kathy? I love it because you're mostly laying down, and you don't work up a sweat, but you end it feeling nice and long and lean. There are some great beginner DVDs out there, too, if you've never done it before.

Hope you get your walk in today!

Have a healthy one, guys!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.