Community
Notices

New To Fitday

Old 03-27-2011, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

No worries, scaried! Good luck on your journey!

Jessica, I missed this new post from you! I have been looking each day to see if you'd returned, so sorry for the late reply.

So happy you had a great time, and well done to you on losing another couple of pounds. Sad, though, that you didn't feel the greatest. And wooo! for the increased stamina.

Hmmm . . . the case of the invisible stairs, hey? Maybe they were hiding in a cupboard, or they were the sneaky Harry Potter kind that change at random intervals . . .

Well, it's weigh in tomorrow. I didn't report here last week as I knew you were away, but I gained 700g, which is just under 2 lbs, so thanks very much for transferring your loss to me. Nevertheless, I am still pleased with how everything is going and the size difference.

How did you fare over the weekend?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:15 AM
FitDay Member

Well, I still haven't settled back into my routine here at home so hoping to do that today. I have clean laundry all over the place because I kept telling myself "i'll do it Monday" over the weekend.
Doing good though, threw out a coffee cake so I wouldn't be tempted to eat anymore of it. I have successfully had my coffee with no sugar, using splenda now, for 2 weeks! YAY!

Who knew lost weight could be transferred? That's good to know though! lol
Old 03-28-2011, 01:49 PM
FitDay Member

Oooh, good on you and the coffee cake situation. And yeah, I've actually discovered that I like the taste of coffee that hasn't been dredged through a sugarcane farm. One teaspoon for me now, but I don't drink much coffee, anyway.

Ha, yeah, I'm having the same laundry issues. There is a pile of clothes in the laundry aching for a wash, my formal lounge suite is piled high with clean clothes and my washing line is full (it's raining, so not likely to be emptied soon!). I am simply choosing not to look at the clean clothes. Maybe the House Fairies will take pity on me.

Okay, so I lost 800g this week, which is 1.7lbs, so I lost my transferred gain (hehe) and just a tiny bit more.

How did you go? And did you manage to settle back into your routine today?
Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 AM
FitDay Member

Congrats on the loss!! I lost 1 lb.

I have settled back into my work out routine! I even changed it up a bit. Well, quite a bit actually. But it feels good to hurt. lol

How is the P90X going?

My husband was offered a new job, making more money! Which means that I get to quit my job and be home with my kids. I'm super excited about that. I didn't realize how much I would miss it...
Old 04-05-2011, 04:59 AM
FitDay Member

Didn't lose or gain anything this week.

I found a few P90X exercises that I'm going to start doing. Also tried a spring dress on that didn't fit last spring...a few more pounds and I'll be able to wear it! I could at least zip it and tug it over my thighs.

How are you doing?
Old 04-11-2011, 11:38 AM
FitDay Member

Sorry, Jessica - I went AWOL for a while, there.

Congratulations to your husband! That's awesome that you get to spend more time with the kiddies now. That means you'll have a little bit more time to dedicate to getting yourself in shape, too!

I've been perusing new clothes, too. Only now I'm looking in the maternity section. Yeah, I found out we're going to have another baby, so that's really exciting. Poor timing, perhaps, but that's life. Actually, we'd stopped trying about six weeks ago so we could both go right through to the end with P90X, so now I'm doing a bit of research and finding out what I can continue with and what I should substitute with something else. But I'm okay with the inevitable weight gain, because everything but my belly has shrunk quite nicely (now that makes sense), so I just need to keep the muscle tone.

What P90X exercises have you found and are you doing? Are you liking it? Seeing results?
Old 04-20-2011, 04:51 AM
FitDay Member

I"m here! I"m alive! lol
Don't know what happened there for a bit.

Congrats on the new baby on the way! That's always exciting and always happens when you decided to get into shape. lol
That's what happened when I got pregnant with my boy. I had started really working out and eating better. That lasted for a good 4 weeks and I ended up pregnant. My husband says it's because the sex drive took a huge jump due to feeling more confident in the way I looked.

I've been plateaued for the last couple of weeks. I just need to switch up my work out routine to confuse my muscles.
I've only been doing 2 of the P90X moves and they work!!! The wacky jumps (I think that's what it's called), and the hip circle kicks. Love them!

Have you found out what sort of exercises you're going to be able to do now? Maybe some maternity yoga?

Look forward to hearing from you!
Old 04-23-2011, 01:01 AM
FitDay Member

Smile

Hi guys!

I'm Ang, also new to this program!

I just wrote a longish introduction and it hasn't posted so this time, I'm writing a shorter one!! Although it is still long!!

I have been trying to lose weight most of my life! I'm 36 next month and have a 6 year old son. I find it incredibly difficult to lose weight at the best of times but am on medication that is making it increasingly hard.... Anyway, I've changed my workouts the last week and have upped the anti a bit - have done 3 x 10-15 minute sessions, completing a combination of cardio, light weights, yoga and / or pilates, treadmill, exercise bike, tae-bo, walk..... Have felt a difference just by doing this for the week! So am feeling pretty motivated... probably a good thing considering the Easter Bunny is here tomorrow!!!

Anyway, hopefully we will get to know each other more! And hopefully, this will post this time around!

Happy Easter. Talk soon!

Ang
Old 04-23-2011, 07:04 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by abtw69
Hi guys!

I'm Ang, also new to this program!

I just wrote a longish introduction and it hasn't posted so this time, I'm writing a shorter one!! Although it is still long!!

I have been trying to lose weight most of my life! I'm 36 next month and have a 6 year old son. I find it incredibly difficult to lose weight at the best of times but am on medication that is making it increasingly hard.... Anyway, I've changed my workouts the last week and have upped the anti a bit - have done 3 x 10-15 minute sessions, completing a combination of cardio, light weights, yoga and / or pilates, treadmill, exercise bike, tae-bo, walk..... Have felt a difference just by doing this for the week! So am feeling pretty motivated... probably a good thing considering the Easter Bunny is here tomorrow!!!

Anyway, hopefully we will get to know each other more! And hopefully, this will post this time around!

Happy Easter. Talk soon!

Ang
Ang, welcome to FitDay and the forums!

Stick with your exercise and add in a decent calorie deficit and I know you'll start losing. Don't forget to drink plenty of water as well.

If you have any questions or would like any advice, simply ask.

Regards,
Michael

PS If you have the "compose" window open "too long" the forum software will time out and your post will be lost. If you're composing a long post, it's always a good idea to "copy" it before you hit the Submit Reply button. That was if it gets lost you can go back, open a new compose window and "paste" your text back in.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:55 PM
FitDay Member

Thank you Michael! Will try all you suggest!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.