Community
Notices

New To Fitday

Old 02-15-2011, 02:29 AM
FitDay Member

Just did my weigh in....gained 1lb.
BUUUUUUUUUT, my cardio is definitely improving as well as my muscle tone.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:16 PM
FitDay Member

Hey Jessica!

Sorry I've been missing this week. My computer died and we've just had it fixed. Back now!

Your gain is a bummer, but it's really nice to be able to see some muscle definition, isn't it? Are you feeling stronger and more healthy, too?

How did you go with this week's weigh in? I lost 600g, about 1.3lbs. Put a lot of hard work into that, yet still surprised as I had a long and boozy weekend which involved a lot of drunk declarations of 'stuff it, I'm hungry so I'm eating it'. So I'm chuffed with my results. Curious, however, as to how I'd have done if I hadn't been quite so juvenile for those couple of days. Still, it's not too often I get a kid-free weekend!

Yum. Those strawberries sound fantastic. Are you still using the Wii Fit?

Last edited by behaze; 02-22-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Meggietye
wow what kind of scale do you have that measures 3 oz increments?? I need something better than what I have, BTW it is nice to meet you..I am Nancy
Hi, Nancy!

I weigh myself weekly on the Wii Fit Board but as I'm Australian, it weighs in grams and kilograms. I used a converter on the internet to figure out ounces/pounds so Jessica knows what I'm talking about

Hope you're going well with your weight loss goals!
Old 02-23-2011, 05:43 AM
FitDay Member

I was wondering where you had gone! lol Glad to know you're back up and running strong. Congrats on the weight loss! You did great even with a party of a weekend.
I lost 1 lb so I'm happy. I just cant believe that I'm not losing any more than this. It's a little discouraging but we'll manage!
I am still using the Wii fit as well as the Wii Active Plus. Love it!
Old 02-23-2011, 01:06 PM
FitDay Member

A pound lost is no small feat, so well done!

Don't get discouraged. I think of it this way - if I'd started six months ago, I could right now be maintaining. I don't want to look back in six months time and wish I'd stuck with it, because then I'd have to start all over again. Although I have to admit I'm kind of starting to enjoy the exercise.

Tell me something you can see changing. For example, when I bend with one knee supporting my weight, the knee is no longer a tremulous and blunt stub. Now I can see thigh muscle and a little dip before a somewhat defined kneecap. That's a good feeling.

What sort of exercises do you do with the Active Plus?
Old 02-24-2011, 03:19 AM
FitDay Member

Very true. Thanks for putting it in perspective for me.

Changes are good! I too can see some thigh definition. Slight but it IS there. haha
I noticed yesterday that my hip area is trimming up. It's not rounded like it has been.

What do you enjoy doing most on the Wii?

On Wii Active, boxing is most enjoyable to me. I'd like to get more into that but right now I'm just following their cardio quickstart program. I figure I'll do that for another week or so before I customize my own program.

I'm getting ready to change up my diet a little. I'm going to focus more on lower carb foods. Any changes in your diet?
Old 02-25-2011, 09:18 AM
FitDay Member

I enjoy most playing Zelda on the Wii. My partner controls the nunchuk and I control the wiimote. It's definitely co-operative playing, but very fun when we can get in sync with each other. We actually just finished the latest Zelda and are waiting on the release date for the next one. Don't do much exercise on it anymore, though. I used to like the hula-hooping.

I'm waiting on a new DVD to arrive - Billy Blanks 'Freestyle Funk', which combines tae bo and dancing, so that will be fun.

Diet changes - yep! For breakfast, I used to have cereal, two pieces of toast with peanut butter and a milky, sweet coffee. Now I'm down to a poached egg with Worcestershire sauce and a cup of tea (one sugar) with a slice of toast if I'm feeling particularly hungry. It's quite amazing to think that just in the space of a couple of weeks, my body has adjusted to eating less. I've also pulled out all my old low-fat recipe books and made up menus for the week so I buy only what I need and leave little for idle snacking.

I have a packet of miso paste in my fridge which I'll use with assorted vegetables to make soup for lunch if I feel like something hot, otherwise it's high-fibre crispbread piled high with salad vegetables and Danish feta (can't give up my feta).

Also astounding is how long a banana can keep you going. Shame the cyclone has pushed the cost of bananas up almost threefold.

I usually get the munchies around 9pm so I used to start alternating between the open fridge and the open pantry at about 9.05pm. Now I just make myself a cup of tea when I start feeling like something 'deep fried and smothered in chocolate'.

What sort of changes are you planning for next week (or are you implementing them now)? What carbs are you planning on cutting down on, or cutting out?

I'm off for the weekend, so I'll chat to you on Monday! Have a lovely weekend!
Old 02-25-2011, 10:34 AM
FitDay Premium Member

I am fairly new here as well, been in about 3 weeks. We are in central Canada where it is snowy and super dooper cold at -41 today with the windchill factor!! We bundled up and went out for lunch and a few errands now we are home relaxing with the fireplace and I am planning dinner.

It is great to eat fruit and veggies but did you know you need protein at each meal as well? We eat a pretty lean menu here but I make sure to serve a protein to make us satisfied and our bodies healthy, even our salads have some meat or eggs or tofu.

I am eating 1400-1500 cal per day, I can't even imagine taking in only 600. In the summer when it is really hot, often it is +35 c I can barely eat anything but soup and light salads, is it like that for you now in your heat? We heard about the terrible flooding in Oz and feel so much for the people and animals in those horrid conditions.

Isn't fitday a great place? I am really enjoying the food and activity journalling, last weekend I logged all my measurements and will do it again next month. For exercise I like to do Oxycise which is an aerobic breathing system a bit like Greer's but this you can do on a full stomach and I like it Way better. I also love walking outside but my energy levels can be low (I have cancer) so I just work around that. I am doing well.

We have 6 grown kids and 12 grandkids and are happily married and living in the country. My husband is a retired physician and I am an aesthetician.

It is time to get dinner organized. I hope to be in soon!

Meggietye
Old 02-28-2011, 02:01 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, I wish I could live where it snows! Even just someplace that has definite seasons would be lovely.

I've increased my calories to about 1000-1200. And I use protein powder after each session of exercise to help with the muscle tone and rehabilitation. I have found it really does ease the soreness.

Over the weekend, I saw family for the first time in a few weeks. My partner's mother noticed, 'you've lost weight'. I was most pleased with a comment following that, which was, 'you're looking athletic'. That definitely made me feel good, considering the effort I've put into it.

Good for you, Meggietye, and your goals for getting yourself fit and strong. The people on this forum are really so supportive.

Ladies, it is weigh-in day. I've lost 800g this week (about 1.7lbs), so I'm all positive and full of enthusiasm! Even put in an extra session of cardio this morning because I'm feeling hyped up.

How did you guys go?

This is also the fourth week of weighing. Shall we have a monthly 'total weight lost' reporting day, too?
Old 03-01-2011, 02:01 AM
FitDay Member

If I want snow, I have to drive 4hrs north to be able to see it! lol

behaze, it sounds like you're on a roll! That's really great! I have to be honest...I'm getting a little discouraged. We've been doing this for 4 weeks now and my weight loss is only 2 lbs. TOTAL. I've been eating really healthy and working out! I think if I cut out most of the carbs then I should be able to jump start my weight loss again. On the up side, my cardio is definitely improving and I've lost a couple of inches.

Do you notice weight gain when you're on your monthly cycle? I am on the tail end of mine and I'm scared to death to get on the scale today.

I'll be back to post my weight for the week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.