Notices

New To Fitday

Old 02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
FitDay Member

Oh, have you two weighed or measured yourselves this week? Would it be okay with you if we all checked in with any losses or gains we achieve or suffer each week on a certain day?

Just a thought.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:30 AM
FitDay Member

behaze, I think weighing in and measuring is a great idea. What day works for you and Kathy?

I too use new clothes as motivation. My mom lost 30lbs using the weight watcher plan so I cleaned out my closet and gave all my skinny clothes to her! It's so funny how we just keep hanging on to clothes we haven't worn for 3 or more years.

As for what I do for a living, I'm a stay at home mom first. I have 4yr old twin girls and a 2yr old boy. My husband was my high school sweet heart. I have 2 golden retrievers. It's a full time job! When my husband gets home from work, I go work at a restaurant my friend owns. I'm a food expediter/manager. On the weekends, my sister and I do special occasion hair styling. Weddings, proms, etc.

behaze, I really enjoy reading your posts. I can tell you have a nack for writing. That's great!

By the way ladies, I didn't go over my allotted calories yesterday!! YAY!
Old 02-05-2011, 07:59 PM
FitDay Member

Good for you! How many points do you get to have in a day?

Wow, you're certainly busy! How do you squeeze so many hours out of a day? And the clothes - I know! There was stuff in there I hadn't worn since my 8yo was still toddling! But it's all cleaned out and ready for the fresh start. Hope your mum is loving her new additions!

What sort of exercise are you doing at the moment?

I weighed myself last Tuesday. Any day for a 'weigh-in' is fine with me, though.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:37 AM
FitDay Member

I can have 26pts a day. Points are based on calories/fat in a food. The system works really well for me, during the week. I tend to fall off the wagon on weekends.

Wish me luck! Tonight I customize my own workout routine utilizing the Wii. It's all hooked up and we're about to get started!

I weighed yesterday...168 lbs...lost 2 lbs!

Jessica
Old 02-07-2011, 12:41 PM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up

Wow! Applause! 2 pounds is awesome. Makes you feel all encouraged and motivated, doesn't it?

That's a real accomplishment - especially if you were naughty on the weekend. I was, too. It's very hard to behave when my partner invites his mates over for a bbq and there's grog flowing freely . . .

I weighed in on the Wii Fit this morning after breakfast and was pleased to see 1.5kg (3.3lbs) has gone! So I don't feel too bad about having a big ole barbeque with all the trimmings on the weekend. Elsewhere on the forum, I have read that the naughty day is supposed to challenge and 'wake up' your metabolism, so I'm just gonna roll with that.

Hey, have fun with the Wii tonight! What games are you using (aside from the Fit and/or Fit Plus) to exercise?
Old 02-08-2011, 03:11 AM
FitDay Member

behaze, the Wii kicked my butt last night! I thought I was in ok shape. My lands! When the Wii fit did all of my BMI measuring and balance/posture measuring, it was shocking! But, it was good to get a burn.
This morning my legs feel like jello. I woke up early and did some yoga on the Wii. LOVE IT!
I'm excited.

What was dinner? We had a grilled chicken black bean salad. It was really tasty.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 PM
FitDay Member

Hehe - it's a lot of fun! The hula-hooping is an absolute killer! Especially once you unlock the longer times. So funny to watch other people on it, though. I guess I'd count the good belly-laugh that gives me as part of my daily calorie burn.

We had 'Spicy Beef with Prawns and Bok Choy' last night, served on a bed of couscous. The dish (minus the couscous) had only 200 calories a serve, so I thought that was pretty good - plus, I needed to up my protein a bit. My 8 year old took one look at the bok choy and decided he wasn't going to eat it, but in the end he devoured the whole bowlful and was looking for more, so it's probably a keeper.

I've just discovered Zumba burns about 600-800 calories an hour, so after a bit of dumbbell work, I sweated over that this morning before collapsing in a proud but exhausted puddle to do some pilates. My 9mo woke up from his morning nap early; I did toy with the idea of ditching the pilates, but I got him up and endured him pulling at my hair and playing drums on my head while I did it. Go me!

And on a side note, the Driveway Repair God must be reading this thread, because I got a call from the real estate yesterday telling me she's put in some quotes with the landlord. Fingers crossed they actually fix it!

Hope you have an energetic and productive day today!
Old 02-08-2011, 01:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Just started this tonight... tomorrow will be my first day on here. I have bigger goals, because I am in a very "big" place right now... Losing 20 pounds by the summer would be wonderful! Mom of two little boys, full time teacher and tutor almost daily to make ends meet.. Time is never there. Let's do it together!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 06:33 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by sandkpeacock
Hi
Just found this website last week. Looking for a buddy to share the ups and downs. I follow the Jenny Craig diet. I am aiming to lose 19 lbs by July.
I am a slow loser unfortunately plus it is a lifestyle change..and I really shouldn't call it a diet. I try to exercise but things just seem to get in the way..
But I am working on it.
Hope to find a buddy soon
Hi everyone on this forum, Me join newly and 25y, 5'7", 120.2 pounds. Wanted to increase weight up to 130 pounds, any suggestion's or comment's most appreciable.........Walnut Creek Bootcamps

Last edited by Renfred; 02-11-2011 at 05:55 PM.
Old 02-08-2011, 08:11 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by cueball596
Hi Just started this tonight... tomorrow will be my first day on here. I have bigger goals, because I am in a very "big" place right now... Losing 20 pounds by the summer would be wonderful! Mom of two little boys, full time teacher and tutor almost daily to make ends meet.. Time is never there. Let's do it together!!!
Hi, Cueball! Welcome to our thread! We're more than happy to have you aboard. What plans do you have to help you get in shape?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.