Notices

Hello everyone

Old 01-27-2011, 08:46 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Hello everyone

Hi there everyone, I have already written out one of these and when I went to post it got lost in space. So this time I will make a back-up copy juuuust in case. lol I hope I don't need it.

I am a 25 year old married mother of one 2 year old baby girl. I currently weight 250lbs and I am 5' 7" tall. I have always been chubby but when I started puberty I gained 100lbs in less than one year. I don't know HOW it was missed but no one said or did anything and that includes my doctors. Nothing out of the norm happened in that time frame aside from puberty. I went from 130lbs to 230lbs between the age of 13 and 14 (freshman year summer) by the time I graduated high school I was up to 275lbs at 17 years old. I then developed an eating disorder that lasted for an entire year where I was eating less than 700 cals a day and working out 2-3 hours a day 6 days a week and taking diet pills. My lowest weight was 189lbs... When I met my husband at the age of 20 I was already back up to 220 and by the time we got married at the age of 22 I was back up to 260. Four months after we got married I became pregnant and by the time I delivered my daughter I was up to 306lbs but by the time she was 4 months old I was already back down to 230lbs. Granted I also gained 32lbs of pure water weight in the 3 weeks prior to giving birth so that had a huge part in the rapid weight loss. By the time her 1st bday rolled around I was back up to 270+ and currently I am back down to 250lbs.

I never have changed the way I eat or the amount of exercise I get except for the one year that I battled with an eating disorder. My body fluctuates on it's own and in MASSIVE amounts!! Sometime's its downright scary to see it fluctuate 10lbs in a week up and then back down but that's what I have become used to over the years. I do not have health insurance so I cannot, and never have, gone to get tests done to see why my body is this way. I do deffinately have horrible eating habits as well though that deffinately contribute to my weight. I'm hardly ever hungry... but when I am I am FAMISHED! So I binge eat. I will go days without eating or thinking about it at all and then eat and eat and snack all day long. I have never kept track of the amount of calories I consume on a binge day but I am sure I would be sick to find out. I also tend to be too busy or just not think about eating at all until late in the afternoon or late at night. I have insomnia so I almost always will eat "dinner" at 10, 11 or even 12 at night and then not go to bed until well after 1am.

This causes a lot of problems between my husband and I because he just doesn't understand how my body and weight can be so erratic. He has all sorts of theories including me hiding food or eating my emotions but that truely isn't the case. It just feels like I am an average weight person stuck in a fat person's body most of the time. So what I hope to get out of this site is to track everything I eat and to see the fluctuations of my weight to see if by collecting data I can then see a pattern and figure out what the next step should be. I have never kept a food journal or calorie diary so this will be a first. I have a 2 year old after all and I don't want her to see Mommy in all her flabby glory and think it is healthy or ok. I need to figure out what's going on with me so I can be a better Mother to her.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:05 AM
FitDay Premium Member

First, welcome to FitDay and the forums!

Second, if you have a post window open too long, the forum software will time out and often "eat" your post. Unless it's a quickie, I ALWAYS do a "copy" before hitting "submit replay", just in case.

Third, I've been a yo-yo all my life--from a low of 175 to a high of well over 400. With the help of FitDay and logging all my food and exercise I intend for this to be my last weight loss journey.

Take some time and read the sub forums--lots of great advice and folks more than willing to help.

We have a couple 100+ to lose threads going and some "challenges" that you might like to join.

If you need help or advice, simply ask.

Regards,
Michael