Notices

new to fitday

Old 01-22-2011, 09:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default new to fitday

Hi I'm Melissa and a lady at my gym suggested this website. I've been working out for the last 5 months and had a loose diet for the last 8 months. I've kept a accurate food log for the last 5 days and hopes this really makes an impact on my weight loss goals. I've gained 15 pounds since I've started working out and I think that keeping strict attention to my diet that I'll finally start losing weight. I haven't weighed my self for 2 weeks and am hoping I've made progress these last 2 weeks. Even if it's a pound! I don't know why I haven't put more effort into my diet in the past because I love eating healthy I love the foods I love how I feel and I'm excited to live the life I want to. I'm 5 7 and 200 pounds and my body holds the weight very well but I can't wait to lose the fat and have the body I've always wanted.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:18 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on your new lifestyle. Do you have any weight loss goals, like what you want to weigh or a % body fat to aim for? There are a ton of really well educated diet gurus on this forum, so don't be afraid to ask.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay Melissa! So you gained weight since you started working out? You may feel hungrier b/c your body is using more energy during your workout. I find that I crave carbs, usually sweets after a hard workout. If you have the same thing going on, try a piece of fruit after you workout. But tracking what goes in vs. what's burned is a very good way to stay on top of it.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:26 PM
FitDay Member

Thanks guys.
Yeah I think it was just eating junk food without holding myself accountable for it. Now I can see exactly how much I'm eating and seeing the numbers and having a specific attainable goal each day I'm finding very easy to stick to the number. And if I do eat something during the day that I know I shouldn't I can easily plan the rest of my meals to accommodate. I'm finding that little daily goals and the accomplishment of reaching my goal each day is really motivating me.
The fatty nasty processed stuff like oatmeal creme pies and donuts drive me nuts, I want them so bad.
My goal is to lose 50-60 pounds this year.
Weigh in went great today 194.6!