Notices

Newbee

Old 01-22-2011, 03:52 AM
FitDay Member

Default Newbee

Hello!
I have been working on weight loss since before I went off to undergraduate school. Needless to say it has been an up and down battle. I now realize that I have to change my life style. I am almost 30 and it is official your body does not work the same as when you were 20. Well for the past two weeks I have monitored my food intake by eating and drinking healthy. I came across the website because I wanted to help track my progress and I wanted to meet people that are working hard to meet there goals. I am two weeks in and down 3 pounds. I am excited about the progress but know at some point it will get harder. I look forward to getting and giving advice using these discussion boards.
Old 01-22-2011, 04:56 AM
FitDay Member

Go after your body just like another course...you are down 3 pounds...great and don't give up! Think about the positive --how motivated you are and the progress you have made. NEVER let age be an issue...it is a state of mind. Don't limit yourself and if you find yourself around others who practice that kind of thinking....limit your time around them to the degree that is possible. Keep after the goal! I recently finished graduate school, ride motorcycles, scuba dive at an age that most are thinking about slowing down. Hang in there and move! You CAN do this.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:34 AM
Super Moderator

Rhonda (I'm assuming that's your name),

Congrats on the 3 pounds in 2 weeks. That's a pretty good pace. Just keep doing what you've been doing for the past 2 weeks and you'll be just fine. Welcome aboard.
Old 01-22-2011, 11:36 AM
Super Moderator

4phoenix,

great advice. I use to ride motorcycles, I hope to one day get another one so I can enjoy life on 2 wheels... or 1 wheel.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Rhonda, welcome!

Sounds like you're off to a great start--keep it up!

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-23-2011, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thanks guys

Hello everyone - thanks so much for the encouragement. It is very helpful. This is a wonderful support system.