FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   70 pounds to go; good to be here! (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/3106-70-pounds-go%3B-good-here.html)

Seraffa 01-22-2011 01:41 AM

70 pounds to go; good to be here!

Hi. I think FitDay is an incredible site because it offers you so much for all the "effort" you plan on putting into getting "better." I live in northeastern Pennsylvania mountain country. I am 46, I have 70 pounds to lose and have special challenges; like being Hyperthyroid (meds contribute to water retention), Starch Intolerant (all starches bring on both IBS and BULIMIA NERVOSA), and many types of sugar intolerance. In other words - I just don't have the enzymes anymore to digest what other people can digest! I can avoid these foods (not a big deal to me), but I am looking at another special challenge: being chronically homeless, with no place to cook yet. My goals here on Fit Day are to choose lots of veggies, meats that I can "boil the fat and salt out of" (if they are processed) before eating, know what portion control I need, and pair this diet with outdoor-focused activity here in the lovely countryside. I hope that with other's help in the forums, I can (over the course of, maximum, a year-and-a- half) reach my goal and get down to at least 135 pounds. Perhaps my Hyperthyroidism might even go away after I achieve a balanced body!

01gt4.6 01-22-2011 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by Seraffa (Post 33028)
Hi. I think FitDay is an incredible site because it offers you so much for all the "effort" you plan on putting into getting "better." I live in northeastern Pennsylvania mountain country. I am 46, I have 70 pounds to lose and have special challenges; like being Hyperthyroid (meds contribute to water retention), Starch Intolerant (all starches bring on both IBS and BULIMIA NERVOSA), and many types of sugar intolerance. In other words - I just don't have the enzymes anymore to digest what other people can digest! I can avoid these foods (not a big deal to me), but I am looking at another special challenge: being chronically homeless, with no place to cook yet. My goals here on Fit Day are to choose lots of veggies, meats that I can "boil the fat and salt out of" (if they are processed) before eating, know what portion control I need, and pair this diet with outdoor-focused activity here in the lovely countryside. I hope that with other's help in the forums, I can (over the course of, maximum, a year-and-a- half) reach my goal and get down to at least 135 pounds. Perhaps my Hyperthyroidism might even go away after I achieve a balanced body!

Welcome to FitDay Sefarra! You don't (or at least I don't) hear of too many people wanting to lose weight that have hyperthyroidism or symptoms of Bulimia Nervosa but I guess everyone is different and every BODY is different. Well, we are sure glad to have you hear and I'm so glad that you mentioned effort right off the bat. It does take effort but with will power and motivation you will succeed. I can only imagine how much of a challenge being homeless would cause. I wish you the best and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

01gt4.6 02-15-2011 01:31 PM

I usually don't revive old threads but there was something about your story that really got my attention. I just wanted to see if you are still around lurking and to see how things were going.

vabeachgirlNYC 02-15-2011 03:27 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 36380)
I usually don't revive old threads but there was something about your story that really got my attention. I just wanted to see if you are still around lurking and to see how things were going.

I'm curious too.