Notices

No support so far

Old 01-11-2011, 11:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default No support so far

I was so excited to find this free site that offered so many tools necessary for my weight loss journey. However I posted twice in response to someone elses posts and I haven't received any replies or encouragement yet. I am either doing something wrong and do not understand how to work a forum
(all this is new to me). So instead of letting it discourage me I thought I would start my on "thread" and see if that helps. There is alot of encouragement being given out and it could truly be a great tool to help someone who is trying to lose 100lbs in a year. I am trying this year to not let discouragement defeat me so this is how I will fight it... head on.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:01 AM
FitDay Member

Well good luck to you!
I am new here aswell and I think that it is really encouraging when you have support from not only those around you but from those who don't know you but can share in your story!
Old 01-12-2011, 12:08 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your reply and I hope you're having success with your weight loss too. Are you using the food and activity logs regularly? They are very informative. I was able to notice a problem area ( too much fat %) in my diet. The graphs are great. I was also able to track my %'s of lifestyle or activity caleries burned. That was very interesting and it challenged me to increase the activities. I enjoy the journal too. Good luck to you.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:34 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Janice
Good luck with your diet. Just take it a day at a time. I am new too and am impressed with the site.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Hi Janice, congrats on taking the first step (and probably several more since!). One thing you may find is that some threads are more active than others, which might explain why you didn't get replies. Everyone is very helpful and friendly here. My suggestion would be to jump over to the No More Jiggling In January thread and the 100 Pounds thread (the former is in the Women's Corner section and the latter is in the Weight Loss section); they seem to post pretty frequently and I'm sure they would be glad to have you! There is also a Motivational Thread in Women's Corner where you can set goals and give and get encouragement.

Good luck on your new lifestyle. Embrace it and enjoy it
Old 01-12-2011, 01:20 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much Cassie and congrats on reaching/passing /maintaining your goal weight! I will look around at the other forums. When I was in Weight Watchers 3 yrs ago the weekly meetings were so encouraging and I know that I require that kind of support. ( I LOST 65 LBS BUT HAVE SINCE PUT IT BACK ON) This forum format will provide it daily / hourly and moment by moment. Which is what this battle is ...moment by moment. I have a lady in my office that is an avid walker and we will be walking after work. Another lady walks with me usually around 9am for a quick "round the block" 15 min loop. I know if I can add this activity regularly I will lose weight. I also do "Just Dance" on the Wii, and comcast "on demand" health & fitness selections. I really will have NO Excuse with all this available. I'm really excited about getting back on the right path.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:28 AM
FitDay Member

hi you may want to post to Success Stories -'standing ovations' thread
Old 01-12-2011, 01:31 AM
FitDay Member

I'll look at it thanks
Old 01-12-2011, 02:48 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Replies and threads

Hi Janice,
Welcome!
I've at this for about a year now and I have found it fascinated to note which threads and topics take off, and which seem to whither on the vine. I am an analytical person in habit and profession and I cannot find a pattern - which makes it even more interesting. So don't be offended!

But Cassie's suggestion is a good one. The Ladies' only section tends to be very active and you will likely get good responses there.

Best of luck to you - you are well on your way now!

Pam
Old 01-12-2011, 03:02 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks so much for your note and encouragement. One change I wanted to make this year was to be aware again. Be aware of the foods I eat and the amount of activity I do and the mental state I allow myself to be in. I am doing good so far but only 2 weeks in to the new year. I have to make this my lifestyle thought process.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.