Notices

No support so far

Old 01-12-2011, 03:06 AM
FitDay Member

I too look forward to connecting and reading what others have to say. I think that you are starting on the right track by 'going public' with your weight loss goals. I think that will help keep you accountable and motivated.

Good Luck in achieving what you set out to do.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to FitDay, and don't get discouraged by what seems to be lack of support. This forum is just like any other forum, the OP (Original Poster aka, the person that started the thread) will get the bulk of the attention. Some people will reply to others in the thread as well but the main focus will usually be on the OP (unless it's a group type thread, which Cassie recommended to you).

Usually the OP will also be the one to reply the most in their own thread, since the majority of the people are focused on that one person... as use see here. As said earlier, don't take it personal, that's just how it works.

Now if a thread becomes THJ (Thread Hi-Jacked) then that would be a different situation. That would be, for example, if you started a thread telling us your story and some one else posted about something unrelated and the focus then turned to the other person and spins out of control.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hello Janice and welcome to the forums. For the most part we're a friendly bunch, I think your posts may have gotten lost in the glut of posts coming on since the New Year. I'm on all the time and didn't notice them. Having said that please feel free to join the "No More Jiggling in January" thread, it's a great bunch and we always like to hear an new voice. Be warned, the thread changes titles every month, usually involving some silliness with the first letter of the month. For example last month it was "Downright Delightful in December" or some such.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:13 AM
FitDay Member

Cool Thanks everyone for explaining

Thanks everyone for explaining and suggesting other ways to use the forums. I have been hitting New Post and seeing if people are posting to my thread or others etc. I'm still a little confused but I am managing to see things better today. I guess I will learn as I go. I love the encouragement not just for myself but that I see given to everybody. It really makes this a great place to look for encouragement. You're a great bunch. I also like seeing the personal achievements on the signatures too. It makes me not feel alone in this.
Old 01-12-2011, 07:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by jwonsch
I was so excited to find this free site that offered so many tools necessary for my weight loss journey. However I posted twice in response to someone elses posts and I haven't received any replies or encouragement yet. I am either doing something wrong and do not understand how to work a forum
(all this is new to me). So instead of letting it discourage me I thought I would start my on "thread" and see if that helps. There is alot of encouragement being given out and it could truly be a great tool to help someone who is trying to lose 100lbs in a year. I am trying this year to not let discouragement defeat me so this is how I will fight it... head on.
Welcome. You're posts on the 6th and the 7th were responses in the middle of someone elses thread. I try to welcome everyone--you've done the right thing by creating your own thread. Asking questions will also get you more responses.

Please, check out one (or both) of the 100+ to lose threads--there are quite a few of us here and we're glad to help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 PM
FitDay Member

Default 1 week in

Hi, I'm new here also. But been down the diet road many times. Good luck to you.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:48 PM
FitDay Member

I am new on fitday also, and love how am able to keep track of what am eating. Today I went ahead and made myself public here. Even My WEIGHT!! Am embarrased by it, but so be it, what I weigh is what I weigh. Back in 2004 I had Gastric bypas, believe me, I tried all kinds of diets. This was my last resort. It was great, lost 175 pounds and got rid of lots of big clothes, cousins were thrilled about that...lol I have fallen off track and gained some weight back. The surgery is good as long as keep on track with what you eat. So I had this month decided to get back in track. I started on the 3rd, lol failed diet 101 errr BUT..BUT I restarted on Monday and have been doing great. Funny thing today though, I had two coworkers at different times offer me candy...I shook my head, said No thank, am on a diet. I am so motivated about this right now and I hope to continue. Good luck to everyone who had decided to become healthy/healthier and keep up the good work. Be positive and always remember you are doing this for YOURSELF and no one else!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:16 PM
FitDay Member

Janice- although your last two posts didn't get a repsonse you sure are getting a lot here. Are you getting any support from family friends or co-workers? I "let it be known" that im going to lose weight this time because all the times in the past I've never really stuck to it. I'm hoping with a full circle of support this time will be different. Good luck in your goals!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:03 PM
FitDay Member

welcome im new there too. its great to hear from people with the same problems as me. i too have been down the road of endless doubt( not only in myself but others too) not thinking im good enough, self pity . i too wish us all the luck and happiness with our journey. i see those fit and trim people on tv in magazines movies and get jealous. im 5'6 243 lbs(was 245lbs lost 2 lbs last week and plan on losing 2 lbs /week). i get very jealous and envious of those women. i get so bad that sometimes i cry and get really down on myself my goal weight is 135-145 lbs( my mini goal is to be walking right ( not like frankenstein as my husband would say) i have a herniated disc and its affecting the way i walk i want this to be done my apr(husbands graduation) i will continue to keep you in my prayers and thoughts and hope you will do the same. good luck and God bless you
Old 01-12-2011, 11:21 PM
FitDay Member

You're right Alicia there has been alot of response on this thread! I am excited too because it does help to know others struggle with the same things. I do have a great support system around me. My husband, my boss and other friends and coworkers are very excited for me However there are some that seem to want to sabatoge any effort when someone tries to lose weight. But I know I'm in a war to fight to the finish to achieve my goals. I prayed often that the Lord would put the desire in my mind to start the journey again. I want to feel like I did before when I lost 65 lbs and I want to lose the other 40lbs on top of that. I will lose it 5lbs at a time and that I can do. at 5'3 225 lbs and a BMI of 41 this is not where I want to be, this is where I want to have come from.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.