Notices

This is as confusing as naturally thin people

Old 01-09-2011, 02:35 AM
FitDay Member

Question This is as confusing as naturally thin people

Hello, I am new, joined this site today as it was recommended in a book I've just finished reading..
I'm not that clued up on navigating my way around, the whole making friends thing or viewing profiles etc
All i know is I am officially 30lbs overweight but could probably do with getting 40lbs off so I am "safetly" in the BMI for my height..I'm not very active on the exercise front however I have a 3 year old son and he keeps me on my toes.
Despite this i've always been a comfort eater, happy or sad, sun or rain I eat the stodgy stuff, so from tomorrow onwards i'm embarking on the "idiot proof diet" which is basically a round up of the atkins, south beach, gi into an easy to follow plan....
I'm nervous and apprehensive and it would be great to share stories/advice/motivation with other people whether it's 2lbs or 200lbs that you need to lose....
We could help eachother???
Thanks for the taking the time to read, if you gave up half way, thanks for nothing!
Old 01-09-2011, 04:01 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there!
You'll be glad to know this site really does help
I joined about 2 weeks ago, but didn't really take it seriously until January first.
So far I've lost 3 lbs (Not bad for 9 days work).
I strongly advise you to fill out the goal, food and activity logs daily and be honest... I've had to add a lot of custom foods but it's worth adding things if you eat them regularly and they aren't on here. It's amazing how you can reduce your calorie intake just by being aware of what you are eating.
Some days it might seem like a right pain to fill it in - but just remind yourself that you took the time to set a goal and you aren't a quitter, so just get on with it and fill it in.
Hope this site works for you.
Barbara
Old 01-09-2011, 04:15 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the site. What book recommended this site? If there is anything inparticular that you are having trouble navigating through just ask.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to FitDay!

I also recommend tracking all your food intake and exercise. What does a day of eating look like on the plan you are starting?

What is your plan for exercise?

Having the support of others is a tremendous help.

Good luck!
Old 01-09-2011, 07:26 AM
FitDay Member

Hi. I too have about 40lbs to lose. I also am a " turn to food if I am sad or worried". When happy food is part of the celebrations, so yes it's all about the eating and drinking. I don't eat huge amounts, just a little bit too much of the wrong things over the years and not enough exercise. 2011 WILL be different, so let's get on with it, we CAN do it.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome natalou8! this site is a great tool for keeping you on track and motivated toward your weight loss and fitness goals however it can seem a bit lonely on here in terms of support as people don't seem to post very regularly so you coud be waiting for a response sometimes.

As others have said it is worthwhile putting in the details of the foods you eat regularly- makes it easier and less of a chore as you go on. Excercise too is good to consider.

Good Luck with your goals
Old 01-09-2011, 12:37 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Welcome natalou8

I am not sure what your gender is, but you might check out the "for ladies" or "for men" only sections. Both have threads for specific ranges of weight loss goals. As you probably know, the trials and tribulations of losing 100 lbs is different from those trying to lose 30lbs, or those trying to lose 10, or even those just trying to impove their eating habits. Each of these threads becomes a community of its own, and many of us stick around even when the goal has been reached to cheer on the others and the newcomers.

I hope you will find the comfort and inspiration I have found in these forums!

Pam