FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Looking for Buddies in weight loss (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2922-looking-buddies-weight-loss.html)

bluegrasswife 01-08-2011 04:00 PM

Looking for Buddies in weight loss

Hello! I am a 27yo (almost 28) female who needs to lose 100+ pounds. Just looking for some friends that we can share this journey with.

TeamEdwardJen 01-10-2011 04:05 AM

Hey hun i need buddy too... :)

nykolel 01-10-2011 11:39 AM

i will be your friend!! im new this this site too. so far i like it it is very detailed . it shows weight loss and gain. it shows calories. you can ttrack your foods moods and keep a journal. this is just for starters. i hope i find out more i can do on this site. good luck to us all and God bless;)

bluegrasswife 01-10-2011 02:40 PM

awesome...i added you both as contacts!

Alicia06 01-10-2011 03:23 PM

your welcome to add me as well if you'd like. My ultimate weight loss goal is more than 100 but we all have to start somewhere right?

I'm learning the site here as well and added in my measurments with the help of my step mom. Hoping those numbers will go down :S

Welcome to the site and good luck!

TeamEdwardJen 01-11-2011 01:52 AM

Does anyone else have to fight the monster known as your mind lol Its like im born to sabatoge myself ...Little things piss me off to the point of me saying who cares

mecompco 01-11-2011 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by TeamEdwardJen (Post 31514)
Does anyone else have to fight the monster known as your mind lol Its like im born to sabatoge myself ...Little things piss me off to the point of me saying who cares

I firmly belive that losing weight is at least 90% mental. If you have the right plan, and stick to it, you will succeed. Why don't we stick to it? A million reasons--none of which are good.

Here's to keeping our heads straight!

Regards,
Michael

TeamEdwardJen 01-11-2011 03:33 AM

Heads straight and waist slim :)

msmwinter 01-11-2011 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by bluegrasswife (Post 31482)
awesome...i added you both as contacts!

I am looking for someone to keep up with too:) As long as you don't mind one more:) I joined last week and I loved the idea of having people bounce ideas off of or just thoughts for the day.

jwonsch 01-11-2011 04:29 AM

I am new to this site and to doing this forum thing but I want to utilize this feature of this site because I know hearing from others that are struggling just like me will help me. I lost 65 lbs three years ago on WW but I discontinued the meetings and stopped watching what I was eating and quit working out and here it is ...all of it's back plus a few more pounds too. I miss how good I use to feel when I lost my weight and I want that feeling back. My goal is 100 lbs this year. I just had my birthday and turned 49 so I thought it would be the perfect time to push myself to be 100 lbs lighter by the time I turn 50 next January. I also will celebrate my 30th anniversary to my HS sweetheart in October so I have that as an intermediate point to have lost alot of weight hopefully. After my first week I'm down 2.8 lbs and I'm excited that the old/new me will come back into my life. Need encouragement and I know I will find it here.

1200/md 01-11-2011 09:59 AM

me too!

hi. I just joined today and would love to begin with a few "buddies". I am starting at 191 and need to lose 50lbs to not be considered obese according to the bmi chart. But I would be happy with 40 lbs.

msmwinter 01-12-2011 05:16 AM

I used to do weight watchers too, I lost 50. But after kids it got to be too much trying to make meetings but I really enjoyed talking to people, sharing info and being supported. Congrats on making the 30 year! That is a great motivator, I am the same way, I just want to feel like I did last summer:) Feeling thin is addicting!

nykolel 01-12-2011 10:46 AM

we all need friends i will be your friend:D. i would like to weigh 135-145 by this time next year. i weigh 243.

berylblue 01-12-2011 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by bluegrasswife (Post 31184)

Hello! I am a 27yo (almost 28) female who needs to lose 100+ pounds. Just looking for some friends that we can share this journey with.

I'd like a buddy as well. I'm 55 but don't let that bother you. I can be extremely immature. In fact, being as silly as I can be at my age is really hard work! Hey, let's prank call the Doylestown Kmart!! :)

berylblue 01-12-2011 10:55 AM

So - PM Me

I am new here and looking to make friends. I'm 55 and I'm going to be fired from my horrible job next week. Woo hoo! :) I have waited years for this opportunity. My husband is upset but I'm not. We can get by on my unemployment.

What I want to do is write! And fine tune my tarot card readings and angel card readings in order to help others.

I am 20 pounds overweight and not very happy about this. I love to eat and I know that being home all day is going to be tough. I injured my knee at work and have arthritis and fibro so I don't move around a lot.

Really - PM me if you'd like a friend.

"Hey, let's prank call the Doylestown Kmart."

dulce2300 01-12-2011 11:48 AM

I would like to be a buddy

this is my first time here so I have never done this before. I need to lose alot more than 100 pounds and have had enough with being overweight and unhappy. I am ready to change my life and I have realized that I cant do this on my own so I would accept anyones advice and tips or just anything to help me with this please.

mecompco 01-12-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by dulce2300 (Post 31740)
this is my first time here so I have never done this before. I need to lose alot more than 100 pounds and have had enough with being overweight and unhappy. I am ready to change my life and I have realized that I cant do this on my own so I would accept anyones advice and tips or just anything to help me with this please.

Welcome! Please check out eithe of the 100+ Pounds to Lose threads--one is in the Women's Only forum and there is a Unisex on in the Diet Tips forum.

Personally, I've lost well over 100 since last May. Another 100 or so to go, but that will happen soon enough.

Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,
Michael

williamscouple 01-12-2011 12:32 PM

new here also

I'm not new to fitday but I am new to the forums. I use it mostly for calorie counting & nutrition
37 y/o Female with 100+ to lose, could use some weight loss buddies too.

Start: 240 1/1/11
Current: 231
Goal: 120 1/1/12

TammyJ2011 01-14-2011 03:47 PM

support needed

Originally Posted by nykolel (Post 31462)
i will be your friend!! im new this this site too. so far i like it it is very detailed . it shows weight loss and gain. it shows calories. you can ttrack your foods moods and keep a journal. this is just for starters. i hope i find out more i can do on this site. good luck to us all and God bless;)

Hi
I used this site before and lost from 175 to 145.
Now a year later Im at 180...

I am having difficulty sticking to good diet! and just started going on walks this evening.... a whole 10 minutes...