Notices

new and apprehensive

Old 01-08-2011, 03:46 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy new and apprehensive

Im a 27 yr old mom of three who is so desperate for weight loss! I was always thin until i started having kids but lost weight easily with the first two. after having my daughter almost 4 yrs ago i just couldnt do it for some reason. i have been steadily gaining weight for 4 years and i cant believe what i have let myself become. im 6 ft tall and weigh in at 230 pds and my weight affects everything in my life. im so afraid to even try to start dieting. ive never had any sucess doing it on my own and im so scared that im starting something i have no chance at being sucessful at. my goal weight is 175-180 and i cant seem to even see far enough ahead for that to be a reality for me. im trying my hardest now to make it happen and would love any support that i can find because im going to need it big time if i have any chance at being a normal healthy weight again and feeling worth something again. im determined to try and to help anyone else i can in the process!
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

Hey, i'm also 27, no kids but also about at the end of my rope with weight loss. i got out of a bad (8 year) relationship about 3 years ago, and now i am like it is do or die time to get my life back. my sr year of hs i hurt my back and that limited my activity. things also started getting controlling with the guy that i was with and his exercise/ eating habits were horrid. and you know you often become what you are around. maybe we can be weight loss buddies or something.
Old 01-08-2011, 03:56 PM
FitDay Member

I am new as well and honestly I haven't been in proper shape since the 3rd grade :-S. I have always rationalized my weight because both parents were heavy but I've come to accept that its my fault not theirs. I think its great that you are wanting to get back to your pre baby weight. Although our situations are completely different we do have one thing in common. You stated you wanted to be "worth something again" although I know I'm loved and cared for I want to feel "worth something " to myself. I'm doing this mostly for health reason and to be for once happy with myself as I've never truly been, just faked it. I wish you the best of luck and I'll help in anyway I can

~Alicia
Old 01-08-2011, 04:01 PM
FitDay Member

Yea i hurt my back when i was 18 and have had issues with it off and on ever since then! and of course it seems to get worse the heavier i get. ive been married for 8 years now but my husband has the most horrible eating habits and doesnt exercize at all becuase he weighs all of 156 pounds! so to him theres no reason to eat right or diet. thats gonna be the hardest part for me!! i think we should be buddies seems like we have too much in common not to be!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
FitDay Member

@ alicia i have been rationalizing these past few years because both my parents were and are extremely obese for most of my life. but i just realized that at 27 i am not yet old (no matter how i feel!) and that to give up now and resign myself to my parents fates is ridiculous. and i dont know if i could go on the rest of my life feeling as bad about myself as i do. i know i am loved also but ive felt like its not really deserved when i am the way i am now. i feel like and embarassment to myself and my husband and family. i dont want to feel that way anymore. thank u so much for the kind words every tiny little bit helps!
Old 01-08-2011, 04:07 PM
FitDay Member

Well, my husband (who is so wonderful) also has bad eating habits. He was raised mostly by a single dad who was a meat cutter so they had meat and potatoes every night..lol. he hates veggies. he is probably a little overweight but i'd say by no means obese. it is so frustrating to want to enjoy your life and have fun with your kids (or have kids in my case) and not be able to. or not be able to how you want to. it seems sometimes like you will never get where you are going. but you can. I am a Christian, and I have really started asking for God's help with this too, i believe that he wants what is best for us and will help with anything if we ask him to.

yeah i think that it woudl be good to be weight loss buddies. i really don't know how to use this much as far as subscribing to your links and stuff, do you?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:14 PM
FitDay Member

lol! i just started tonite and am still learning how to do al of this too maybe we can figure it out. i am a christian too but i havent had much faith in the last few years since my mother died. ive realized in the last year through awful trials and tribulations of life that sometimes there is no other option in life but to ask god for help. i sure know that im going to need help with making myself into someone i can love again...as cheesy as that sounds
Old 01-08-2011, 04:26 PM
FitDay Member

We lost my mother in law to cancer in August. She was just diagnosed in december 2009. It was really hard because she delt with depression a lot and wanted grandkids so bad. she was just 49. she was so strong in her faith (when things were going good) but sometimes when things got hard it was as if she thought that God had left her. It didn't seem right that someone that God had given words of prophecy to he would take like that. I am grateful that she didn't have to suffer as long as some. But it still sucked, you know. We were thankful in a way that she is where she wanted to be now, with her family that had passed before. But it has been a dark time for the family you know. A lot of stress. we had been doing well on the Body for Life-esque plan that i was doing, but that week it got us totally out of the routine and fell back into bad habits.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

welcome... all y'all newbies.
Old 01-08-2011, 08:01 PM
FitDay Member

Yesterday was my first day. I am 42 and I am extremely overweight. I am married with 4 kids. I, like you want this bad. I am confident that with this great website and the support of each other we can do it! I don't have the money to buy expensive food and diets .. already spent a ton of money and tried everything - so im doing it the old fashioned way -by cutting calories and exercise. Good luck to all

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.