Notices

Just call me Yo Yo

Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Unhappy Just call me Yo Yo

Hi everyone, tried to post this earlier but it didn't seem to come up so apologies if it appears twice. I have been on FitDay for a while now and have lost a few pounds and then when the blues kick in they creep back on. I have never "spoken" on a forum before (haven't even looked at them) so I hope that this might help me find the motivation to keep going and not slip back. I am getting close to 60 and have been overweight most of my adult life, now I'm aware that if I want to be healthy and fit and able to enjoy my retirement in a few years I need to shift those extra pounds now. So , new year - old me but improving I hope.
Sorry for the ramble.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:53 AM
FitDay Member

My mother is 63 and on the same weightloss journey. She says she doing it for the grands. She uses the grandkids as her motivation to keep going. My youngest child is only 3 and she says she's gotta be around to see him get married and start his family. I wish you the best of luck. YOU CAN DO IT !!!!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:08 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Welcome to the forums! You're doing fine--posting is really easy.

And yes, I am a yo-yo as well, and a big time one.

Let's make this our last, once and for all weight loss journey, shall we?

Don't hesitate to ask if you need any help or have questions about FitDay and/or the forums.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-06-2011, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator

welcome to the forums yo yo. Don't be afraid to post, and post often.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default Thank you

Thanks for taking the time to comment. Have just added up today's food log and am good. I'm finding it hard to get into the exercise thing at the moment, I'm just so cold. Guess that doesn't make much sense! I know get moving, get warm, here goes.
Old 01-06-2011, 07:45 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks. My mum is 80 , fairly slim, full of energy and will not go out without her lipstick. She dresses well and looks after her skin. I, on the other hand feel like a slob, I,m always tired, have lost interest in my looks and hate clothes shopping, but I,m going to shake up my life and get back on track.