Notices

New Me, One Pound at a Time

Old 01-04-2011, 03:40 AM
FitDay Member

Default New Me, One Pound at a Time

Hi Everyone,

Today I am starting my journey to a new Me. I am going to the gym for the first time in 3 months right after I finish this post. I am 19 years old and a Sophomore in college. I have a BMI of 34.0. I also come from a large family where sweets and unhealthy food surround me. I lovelovelove to cook and bake. OH and I work at an Italian Bakery...

SO.

This means I have a lot of work to do in the next coming months. I want to be able to go out with my friends and not worry about being the only fat one. I want to go to the beach and not worry about people staring at my jiggly thighs and stomach. I want to feel sexy when I am around my boyfriend of 4 years. I want to feel beautiful all the time.

I really am going to do this. I really am going to do this. I really AM going to do this. I REALLY AM GOING TO DO THIS.

If anyone has any tips or tricks to help make this easier while I am at college, I commute, but fast food restaurants are always on my ride there, and sometimes they just smell soooooo good. What would be good lunch options that would be fine in a lunch box without a refrigerator? What would help me not eat the tempting sweets at the bakery or at home?

I really appreciate any and all support that come from you because I know that if I have someone that believes in me, I will be able to do this.
[/FONT]
Old 01-04-2011, 03:51 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Katelyn, welcome!

Congrat to you for making the commitment to get rid of the excess weight--it sounds like you've got a few hurdles in your way, but if you're determined I know you can clear them all with ease.

Make a plan and work it and don't give up for anything.

Personally, and this is just me, I'd have to take a "zero tolerance" stance on bakery items--hopefully you can handle having "only one" but I don't think I could.

Anyway, have a read through the subforums--there is lots of good advice and people who care and don't hesitate to ask if you have specific questions.

Regards,
Michael