First Day As A New Me! >

First Day As A New Me!

Community
Notices

First Day As A New Me!

Old 01-03-2011, 08:38 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by victoria.stewart
I am also starting afresh for the new year- I want to lose 22 pounds by the 1st April. I am so glad I have found this site and can't believe it is free I am hoping it will keep me on track as I tend to do really well on a diet for the first 2/3 weeks then fall off it- I am hoping that tracking everything I do and eat will give me a better understanding of my areas of improvement and keep me motivated to reach my target weight. I have loved reading about everyones success stories so far- how much has this site helped? what are the main benefits?

Looking forward to chatting and adding some success stories of my own,

Vicki
Vicki, welcome! It doesn't sound like I have to sell you on FitDay--it really "sells itself", though if pressed I could probably come up with what my marketing prof. called "sizzle"--the old Features, Advantages and Benefits (man, it's been long time!).

Really, if you work FitDay, log your food and activities and STICK TO IT, you can't help but lose weight. And, it's FREE! You can use any "diet" you want or best of all, no diet--just eating good foods in reasonable portions and keeping track of it.

Don't hesitate to speak up if you have any questions or need any help.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator

welcome aboard!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

So my first day was interesting...
I feel good/confused!
When I read labels I get so confused!!!!
I put in everything I ate today on FitDay I only ate 760 Cal...
Is that good or bad?! Am I doing this whole cutting back thing right or wrong?!
I want to lose weight the good and healthy way. Can someone help me please!

Thankies ~I Love You All For Loving Me!~
Old 01-03-2011, 01:41 PM
FitDay Member

A couple things that i found essential was a large measuring cup and 30 dollar food scale so i knew exactly what size portions i am eating and the ingredients. It is far to easy to guesstimate and be low on calories when you are actually a lot higher than you realize.

If your calorie total for today was accurate, then you need to raise it some. Like to a minimum of 1200 calories. Eat lots of veggies and salads and you will stay full without a huge calorie burden.

That is all i can think of right now, other than keep coming back every day and log your food intake and stay involved with your health and it will all happen, you are worth it now just make it happen.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:05 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Good start! I agree that you need to weigh/measure your portions, at least for a while. This will help "keep you honest" and learn what a "normal" portion is. This is useful especially if you are eating away from home and need to estimate portions.

Low cal is OK for a while, but you really want to find a level that keeps you full so you're not tempted to overeat to compensate. 1200 sounds like a reasonable level if it keeps you satisfied. Adjust as neccessary.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2011, 04:20 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks You Guys!!!!
It feels so good to have people to talk to about this and ask questions.
I honestly feel like im going to succeed this weight loss!

~I Love You All For Loving Me!~
Old 01-04-2011, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by fynetae
Thanks You Guys!!!!
It feels so good to have people to talk to about this and ask questions.
I honestly feel like im going to succeed this weight loss!

~I Love You All For Loving Me!~
You just said the key words in my opinion.... "to talk about this"... that right there. Keep talking about it everyday. Come on to fitday and talk about it. Talk to friends and family about it. And most of all, talk to yourself about it. Wake up and it is the first thing on your mind is what you need to eat to be healthy and how your life is going to keep getting better and better.

If you just treat healthy living like you do a job... yes you will succeed. Show up every day on time and put a full shift in!
Old 01-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Super Moderator

Agreed. In my case, posting often substitutes for snacking! And there are lots of answers here. Losing weight and getting healthy is a very personal journey; you will be able to use suggestions from the forum members to find out what works for you, and also to get good support. Welcome, and glad to have you!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:41 PM
FitDay Member

I can NEVER Thank You guys/girls enough!
Every post I read I crack a smile and a tear roll down.
Because I know this is REAL, REAL People helping and all doing the same thing I'm doing "Trying To Reach That Goal, 1 Pound At A Time!"

~I Love You All For Loving Me~

P.S Is there a way where I can make a permanent signature?!
Old 01-04-2011, 04:44 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fynetae
P.S Is there a way where I can make a permanent signature?!
Look up toward the top under the title of the thread. There is a blue bar running across the screen and on the left of it, click on "User CP." Then in the box on the left, click on "Edit signature." You should be able to enter one there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.