FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Looking for Buddies! (Super Newbie) (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2824-looking-buddies-super-newbie.html)

nckct4 01-02-2011 02:28 PM

Looking for Buddies! (Super Newbie)

I don't want this on here anymore.

kadenacat 01-02-2011 02:38 PM

I'm in! I can use all of the support and motivation I can get!!

I'm a little older than you and need to lose around 50lbs.
I'll subscribe to this thread so we can keep in touch!

Carol

01gt4.6 01-02-2011 05:11 PM

welcome aboard Jen and Carol. The PM system isn't up and running yet, but it is being looked in to.

b_defelici 01-02-2011 09:31 PM

I'm down!

I'm also a 30 yr old female - and want to lose the same amount that you do. I'm already really active, it's just my eating habits are lame. Email me or chat here, I'm down!

kadenacat 01-02-2011 10:22 PM

Jen,
Small goals are good! Setting small goals is good! Each one of those small steps will lead you another step closer to your main goal!

One of my main problems has been that I don't eat breakfast. I know this is an important meal so this week I'm concentrating on making sure I eat something in the morning!

Exercise today will consist of walking at least two miles - three if I can squeeze the extra one in!

Have a good day everyone!

skinnygrl55 01-02-2011 11:56 PM

I'm in too

Hi, I'm in too! I'm Nancy, 43 and want to lose 20 to start. I will subscribe to the thread and talk to you guys soon.:)

cinidy 01-03-2011 10:18 AM

I'm in

I've been comming to fitday for a while now, and looking back, i have lost numerous times only to gain it all back. Instead of letting myself feel like a loser, as i do sometimes thinking about how much far i got to only gain all the weight back, i'd rather see it as some hope for myself, because i know i can do this. Only think now, is to start all over again and finally lose it for once and for all and not yoyo back again.

A few days ago i went looking for online support groups, still not knowing there was one right here. I am hoping to find and give back support, because strenght is in numbers and with support, we can do wonders.

Btw, i am 30 year old mother of 3, and my present weight is 240 pounds. Still struggling to get the food thing in order, but starting to go at the gym with a friend at the end of this month.

Here and ready ... this year, is our year to overcome this :)

kadenacat 01-03-2011 10:41 AM

Cinidy,
As long as you keep trying you are NOT a loser! We're all going to fall at some point during our journey. What matters is that you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back on track!!

Carol

GQR999 01-03-2011 12:12 PM

None of us is a loser as long as we keep trying. I have yo-yoed 40 or more pounds for several years now. Right now I am at the top of my weight range. This is my try at FitDay and I am very motivated. Tomorrow I am having surgery for a ventral hernia and that should at least make me look a little better LOL. I'm in for this thread and here's to all of us committed to lose!

Geraldine

nckct4 01-03-2011 02:28 PM

You are in no way a loser! the fact that you are so honest with yourself and trying is a huge thing and you should be proud of that. Just focus on yourself and the rest will fall into place!
I also had lost a bunch then gained it all, plus some, back! it's devastating but I just try to focus on the fact that I personally did make some decisions to put me in that position, and hopefully I can get myself back to what I was and want to be.

I'm so glad for these forums and that we have people to talk to. It helps!
I did the 20mins today! yay! I plan on doing it again tomorrow. :-)

Janetschwenn 01-03-2011 02:57 PM

Count me in...

Lost 100 pounds. 87.5 more to go. Could use a little motivation. Sounds good to me.

nckct4 01-04-2011 04:26 AM

that's awesome Janet!! way to go!

do you have any tips for those of us starting?

ugh, I need to exercise more. I ate chips at like 2am last night, and I wasn't hungry! I hope I can stop that uncontrollable snacking.

kadenacat 01-04-2011 12:03 PM

Janet awesome job on the 100 pounds!! Just think, you're over halfway there! How much better do you feel now compared to when you were 100 pounds heavier? Just remembering that will help motivate you!

If anyone has healthy low fat recipes please share them! I have a hard time finding healthy meals that I can fix quickly.

nckct4: Awesome job on the 20 minutes! Didn't it feel great when you were done? Keep it up and before you know it you'll be doing 40 minutes each day!! As for the snacking, I know exactly what you mean! Middle of the night eating is one of my weak points. I can't sleep if I'm hungry so I've found myself getting up and making peanut butter and fluff sandwiches at midnight. I try to stop eating about 2 - 3 hours before bed and drink alot of water to help myself feel full.

Carol

[email protected] 01-04-2011 12:50 PM

All of the post are motivating to me! I try to snack on healthy foods like fruits and veggies also fat-free and sugar-free foods. I have lost about 23 lbs. since Nov. 18th (around the time I started this free food journal on fitday)!

vabeachgirlNYC 01-04-2011 01:38 PM

Welcome to FitDay everyone! I love all the excitement in this thread!

mecompco 01-04-2011 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by Janetschwenn (Post 30350)
Lost 100 pounds. 87.5 more to go. Could use a little motivation. Sounds good to me.

Kudos! Feels pretty good, doesn't it? :D

Keep it up and don't look back.

Regards,
Michael

tonialynne 01-05-2011 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by nckct4 (Post 30161)
I was wondering if there was anyone out there that wanted to be online buddies so we can help motivate each other!
Maybe we can even make up a mini community to help each other with tips, motivation and friendship.

Please reply to this or message me!

(I'm a 30yr old female, looking to become more active and lose 30-40lbs)

Hi i'm in!! I have been with fit day on and off for years only to come back yet again to try. I am 38 with a hubby and 3 kids age 18-14-10 and i weigh 183 right now this past summer i lost 15 lbs but on xmas holidays i gained about 4-5 lbs back so i said time to start again!!

tonialynne 01-05-2011 01:01 AM

Hey looking for buddies

Hey everyone i am looking for buddies to chat with along our journey...anyone interested we can keep in touch on here or through e mail [email protected] hope to hear from some... i am 38 with 3 kids and 183 lbs with 25 lbs i want to lose!!! From CANADA:)

kadenacat 01-05-2011 11:21 AM

I love that this thread is taking off so well and that we're building an awesome support group!

My goal is to lose about 50 pounds by the middle of June (thats when hubby comes back from deployment). Using fitday I've found that to do this I need to lose about 2 pounds a week (2.12 to be exact), and I think this is do-able with hard work and watching the calories! I'm trying to keep my calories below 1600 a day and so far I'm doing pretty well. The good thing is, I haven't really felt hungry so far. I eat three full meals each day as well as a morning and afternoon snack and drink plenty of water.

My exercise right now consists of walking at least 3 miles a day. I plan to up that by a mile per day each week.

If anyone wants to chat via email you can contact me at: [email protected]

Have a great night everyone and an even healthier tomorrow!! :D

Carol

nckct4 01-06-2011 02:08 AM

thanks for the advice Carol! I'm glad that the thread is gaining steam too!

I'd love to lose weight and fit into my old clothes again! I think I only wear one pair of sweatpants now.. UGH lol!!

My biggest problem is eating during the day and then stuffing my face at night. I really need to eat breakfast regularly.
I plan on doing my 20 mins today.. miiiight bump it up to 30 or 25 even, something a bit more today would be nice.

Is anyone on Facebook?
my email is [email protected]! Email me and we can buddy up on FB too!