Notices

Determined to lose...lol !

Old 01-02-2011, 12:29 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Determined to lose...lol !

Hello to all, my name is Brandi. I am a 37yr. old mother of 3. I have been heavy all my life and for once and for all I am ready to loose the weight. I have small children that I want to see grow up and get married. I also want to be healthy again. As a result of my being morbidly obese ( 290lbs. ) I have hypertension and high cholesterol. I just want to be sexii again. My goal is to loose 60lbs. by my birthday 4/20. I know that this is 4lbs. a week but I am confident that I can do it. I am looking for friends to take this journey with so I will be commenting and posting almost daily. Good Luck to all who are struggling with me. We Can Do This !!!
Old 01-02-2011, 12:35 PM
FitDay Member

Default Pics !

I will be posting pics too, so I can see how i'm shaping up. Hope no one gets sick...LOL
Old 01-02-2011, 02:42 PM
FitDay Member

You're going to to it this time Brandi! You have the motivation and a great support system here on FitDay! We'll do it together!!

Carol
Old 01-03-2011, 03:39 AM
FitDay Member

Talking Hi Guys !

I wanna say thanks for responding to my post. It is my intention to do a low carb diet combined with some protein shakes to sub for meals. I was very successful years ago with the low carb thing. I lost 30 lbs. in 3 mos. and I was hott to death...lol
I'm a sugar addict, i love nd crave sugar. I bought some pills to help with the sugar cravings so I should okay. Be back later, i'm working.

Last edited by DietDivaB; 01-03-2011 at 03:44 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Brandi,
I think a low carb diet can be good, as long as it's not a no carb diet! We need those good carbs for energy and brain function! Low carb doesn't work for me. I find the problem to be that I can't cut carbs forever and as soon as I start eating them again the weight all comes back! My plan is to eat a balanced diet and watch my calories. I don't plan to deprive myself of anything, just have very moderate portions. That combined with exercise exercise exercise and I think I can reach my goal!

Carol
Old 01-03-2011, 04:07 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by DietDivaB
I will be posting pics too, so I can see how i'm shaping up. Hope no one gets sick...LOL
before pics are great, that way you'll have something to compare the after pics to... even if you don't post them.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:39 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Mike,

I saw your pics and they really did inspire me. You look amazing. I swear when I get to where u are I may just wear saran wrap n bandaids to cover the important parts...LOL ! Thanks for the response.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi Guys ND Gals !

This week has been horrible, I messed up all week but today i'm back on it. I'm not motivated but I know that when u gotta get back up and try it all again. Some times I feel like an addict. Well I guess I am an addict, my addiction is food. I'm stressed but I know when I reach my goal I'll be feeling really good. I'm so trying to see the light at the end of my tunnel. Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. confused:I
Old 01-06-2011, 12:49 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks for your support, gawd knows i'm gonna need it. Today is one of those days when my head is really not in the game at all. I feel like a dog about it cause it's way to early in my journey to be feeling like this....SMH !!!
Old 01-06-2011, 01:13 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by DietDivaB
Thanks for your support, gawd knows i'm gonna need it. Today is one of those days when my head is really not in the game at all. I feel like a dog about it cause it's way to early in my journey to be feeling like this....SMH !!!
Try to cheer up, Brandi. I'm a food addict as well, and yes, it sucks.

If it helps any, I jumped (well, figuratively) for joy when I hit 300 pounds--it beats the heck out of 400, let me tell you!

I give you all the credit in the world for taking control of your problem before it got worse (like mine).

Now, get busy and do something other than think about food--I find the busier I am, the less I'm apt to go foraging for food.

Regards,
Michael

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.