Community
Notices

pillsberry

Old 12-30-2010, 10:46 AM
FitDay Member

Default pillsberry

Been through it the last few years I attribute my weight gain to stress. I am a pretty active person but continue to gain. My wife has had a double organ transplant about three years ago, kidney and pancreas. It was a long rd.I lost myself, put on 35lb and lost a lot of hair( should be opposite) what's left is grey. She is doing well now it's time for me to heal. I found this site a couple of days ago, so far it's giving me great incentive. I am turning 46 next month and have a 8 yr old son that I hate for him to see me this way. I am hoping to keep it together and use this site for help
Old 12-30-2010, 10:52 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WMLARDIERI
Been through it the last few years I attribute my weight gain to stress. I am a pretty active person but continue to gain. My wife has had a double organ transplant about three years ago, kidney and pancreas. It was a long rd.I lost myself, put on 35lb and lost a lot of hair( should be opposite) what's left is grey. She is doing well now it's time for me to heal. I found this site a couple of days ago, so far it's giving me great incentive. I am turning 46 next month and have a 8 yr old son that I hate for him to see me this way. I am hoping to keep it together and use this site for help
Welcome to the forums. This is the place to be for help and support. Congrats to you for wanting to get back in shape. I'm 46 myself and losing weight isn't quite as easy as when you're younger, but it can be done.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-30-2010, 11:52 AM
FitDay Member

Stress will definetly do it for you. It is hard to think of yourself when you are taking care of someone else. Our son was born 3 years ago, and it was a stressful situation---I am slowly finding myself again. My guess is that I needed to concentrate on just being a mom for awhile, now I have found some space to concentrate on me and make my family proud. I entered a marathon for May. These next few months will be grueling, and I too am just hoping to stay motivated. I just joined this week and so....so far so good! Good Luck and involve your son he will enjoy the time with you
Old 12-30-2010, 05:22 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site! Stress can really wear you down. I'm glad your wife is doing well!

And FYI, bald men are sexy, you should just shave off what's left!
Old 12-31-2010, 03:55 AM
FitDay Member

Rock on michael your doing great!!!
Old 12-31-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by WMLARDIERI
Rock on michael your doing great!!!
Thank you very much. With FitDay it's really not all that hard to lose the weight. My big challange will be to keep it off.

I think it's great that you're here and taking control of your weight situation before it gets too out of hand (like mine).

An 8 y/o--wow! My daughter is 17 and I kind of miss the earlier years.

Keep up with your plan and I'm sure that extra weight will melt off quickly--it will be a great summer for you and your family.

Regards,
Michael
Old 12-31-2010, 05:01 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! There are times we need to take care of others, and times we need to take care of ourselves. I'm glad it's your turn; good luck to you

Also, think of what a wonderful role model you are to your eight year old, in making good choices.