FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   37yr old, mom of 5 mo old twins (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2746-37yr-old-mom-5-mo-old-twins.html)

juliem1137 12-27-2010 07:02 PM

37yr old, mom of 5 mo old twins

I guess you can't call it baby fat anymore when your twins are 5 months old. I have little time to exercise, but with a treadmill, stationary bike, and a bow flex in my house, I think I have little excuse NOT to do SOMETHING. I hope recording everything will make me more responsible with my choices. Good luck everyone! I wish you all success!

rainbow24 12-27-2010 07:29 PM

Twins can do it to you.

My twins were nearly two when I was able to come up for air. I did a 5k walk pushing the twin stroller.

mecompco 12-27-2010 09:44 PM

Welcome, Julie. Time to dust off that exercise equipment (they make lovely clothing storage places, I find) and get those pounds off. Log everything, the good, the bad and the ugly.

Regards,
Michael

Roxy4u2love 12-27-2010 10:14 PM

Good luck to you too!!! I know I cant blame meeting my boyfriend-falling in love, going out to dinner every night etc forever! I'm with you!!!!!!! I think recording really does help to keep you accountable.

rpmcduff 12-28-2010 03:02 PM

Use that equipment you have been neglecting. Even if you can only squeeze 10 minutes in just do it!

juliem1137 12-28-2010 03:38 PM

Rainbow, I hope to follow in your footsteps. When it gets a little warmer, I would love to start taking the twins for a ride. Let's hope they like it too.

Michael, you are an inspiration to us all! Keep up the good work! You ROCK!

Roxy, I find a good reason to stop dieting everyday. My husband can eat whatever he wants and not gain a pound, so it is hard to balance his wants and my needs. I guess if it was easy, we would all be comfortable with our bodies.

On a side note, Day 1 is behind me and so far I am victorious! Come ooooon day 2---lay it on me...I'm ready!

Lizzycritter 12-29-2010 03:14 PM

Five months? HA! It took me nearly 6 YEARS to lose the baby weight, and I had mine one at a time. Still working on it actually, the holidays have had me in a holding pattern. Of course, the first 4 years I didn't even try, because what's the point when I knew I was going to have a second child and gain it all back, right? Queen of excuses at your service here :D

One day at a time, no "diets", just "healthy lifestyle choices". It pays off in the long run, believe me.