Notices

Hi all :) bit of an essay, sorry 'bout that :)

Old 12-16-2010, 10:57 AM
FitDay Member

great video, mike. very inspirational, like you.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator

thanks.

I've tried to make my videos inspirational but none are like that. That one gets me going every time.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:46 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by SisterJen
Is that an Ausi saying? My grandmother said that to me all the time, and, so far as I know, there's no Ausi in my background.

Thanks for the video Mike, I needed to see it. Very inspirational.
BD would probably know that better than I would but I got it from an Aussie friend.

Even though I can no longer run, that video inspired me to try harder to do what I can do.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:12 PM
FitDay Member

Awesome vid Mike, thanks for posting that link.
There was a post you made a while back, something like "Hey fatso, you are fat because you let it happen, it's your fault" or something to that effect......that really hit home with me. Your straight up, no BS manner was enough to grab my attention, what the rest of that post had to say was bang on the money, and the pics you posted showed you were speaking from experience and knew what you were talking about.
This may sound a bit strange, but until recently, I couldn't even imagine myself being a normal weight. I have been overweight or obese my entire life and was pretty much convinced that was never going to change.
I had come to accept that I would always be fat and that there wasn't a lot I could do about it.....basically, I had filed away what is probably one of the most important things I will ever do, in the 'too hard' basket and given up.
Boy was I shortchanging myself with that mindset!! It was posts like yours and pics of people who have walked the same road that changed the way I thought and convinced me this CAN be done, and that if someone else can and has done it, there's absolutely no reason why I can't.
Once again, thanks man, you most certainly are an inspiration.

Strawberryhotcake, I am doing this all for me now, I'm not in it for revenge, or to spite a woman, I am out to build 'BD Mk II', the all new, much improved version. I was going to call it 'BD 2.0' but that sounds too much like a little four cylinder Japanese import .
It was realising that dwelling on the past and running things over and over in my mind was an extremely unhealthy way to go that originally made me go pick up a dumbell and get a sweat on.
Mentally and emotionally, I am all sorted...it's just the physical part of me that still needs some work.

Tavisha, thanks for the welcome and sharing your similar story. Humiliation is one hell of a motivating force is it not? I have a piece of paper on the wall above my PC monitor that says " Remember how she made you feel...wanna go back to more of that?", one look at that is enough to have me jumping out of the chair and onto the stationary bike or picking up a dumbell. Like you, I will NEVER let another person make me feel as bad about myself as that woman did, if what it takes to ensure that is a rock hard sculpted body, well that's what it takes and that's what I'll do.
Oh, btw, you aren't 'kind of hot' at all....you are beautiful, don't ever believe anyone who tells you otherwise ,they are quite obviously a fool and as blind as a bat.

I have no idea if the 'cuter than a bug's ear' saying is an Aussie thing, but it is certainly the sort of thing people around here say.....I walked into my mate's gym the other day and he said "mate, you look great. The weight is peeling off you faster than a bride's knickers on her wedding night" I LOLed, literally. You've gotta love a descriptive phrase that conjures up a mental image like that one

BD
Old 12-17-2010, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

BD,

LOL you are talking about http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...y-you-fat.html . The funny thing is how this started. I was coming through the Walmart parking lot and got stuck behind someone that would rather wait and tie up the line behind them for a closer parking spot, than actually walk. At that point the amount of laziness that happens everyday in front of us that we never really notice was an eye opener for me. As I went shopping I pretty much thought up everything that I posted. I couldn't wait to get home and just lay it all out. The response I got was really uplifting. I thought that more people would think that I was being critical but it seemed that nearly everyone agreed. I guess you can't please them all...

But yeah, if I can do you, you can too. All it takes is a little will power. We were all taught about "the little engine that could" when we were younger but it seems that we have a hard time saying "I think I can, I think I can, I know I can!"

Just make that commitment to do it!

Here are some of my favorite videos that I've made (they're kinda old) but it makes it easy to see the changes that your body goes through.

Last November
YouTube - P90X YTF&F this is my story (Mike)

Last December
YouTube - P90X-YTF&F 90day transformation Round 1

Last Superbowl Sunday
YouTube - P90X YTF&F round 2 day 56 transformation update
Old 01-03-2011, 07:51 AM
FitDay Member

hey dude. 6'5" here too and 280 lbs. Maintained a normal weighth for ten years, (between 215 and 235) but let go of some long accepted limitations last spring and sure enough, packed on 50 lbs. in the last seven months. That was just the beginning and I know it. My top weight was 385 lbs. at age 21. So, I'm one hundred pounds less than that. But I am a hopeless over eater and my over eating only accelerates.

Sorry about the girl, bro. Glad to read you are getting a few hours a day free from the obsession with her. It will pass, only time and as much self-improvement you can muster, will accomplish that. I guarantee you, one day you will be free. Cheers.

Last edited by Oxenhandler; 01-03-2011 at 08:35 AM.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:21 PM
FitDay Member

Reeealllly inspirational stuff being shared....
Thanks, as I sip my tea with lemon.. ( my evening snack lately)
Katy
Ps tavisha I LOVE your goals...
1st Goal: Get out of the "obese" category on the BMI chart.

2nd Goal: Get out of the "overweight" category on the BMI chart.

mine too! But I had not put those into words...The visual aspect of moving from the 32% obese into merely overweight is one of my first ambitions here.
K
Old 01-03-2011, 07:45 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Oxenhandler
hey dude. 6'5" here too and 280 lbs. Maintained a normal weighth for ten years, (between 215 and 235) but let go of some long accepted limitations last spring and sure enough, packed on 50 lbs. in the last seven months. That was just the beginning and I know it. My top weight was 385 lbs. at age 21. So, I'm one hundred pounds less than that. But I am a hopeless over eater and my over eating only accelerates.

Sorry about the girl, bro. Glad to read you are getting a few hours a day free from the obsession with her. It will pass, only time and as much self-improvement you can muster, will accomplish that. I guarantee you, one day you will be free. Cheers.
Thanks Ox
Now the pounds and inches have started to fall off me, I have found I have no dramas meeting new people, and there is no better way to forget about a woman who you used to have than to give all your attention to the ones who are available now
Partied HARD over xmas/new years, met some delightful members of the fairer sex, had an absolute ball and still managed to drop a few kilo, so it's all good.
The one I lost has no idea what she is missing out on these days, and whereas it was definitely her that kicked me off into sorting myself out, she doesn't have a lot to do with it anymore.....for me now it is all about being more and better than I was yesterday.

I have to ask mate....you say you are a hopeless overeater....why is that?
You obviously recognize you do it, and realize it is a problem. Is it just habit? or something more than that? How does it make you feel when you do it? Do you feel much pleasure, or does it make you feel guilty and depressed?
It really is none of my business, so answer only if you feel you want to, but I have found that asking myself questions like that about why I do things has made me come up with a few answers that surprised myself, and thereby made it easier to deal with the cause of the problems rather than just the effects. Feel free to PM me if you like, it's always good to have folks of a similar body type to discuss things with I reckon.

Anyway, happy new years everyone, hope this one is better than all preceding it. Thanks for all the nice comments and encouragement, this is an awesome community and an invaluable source of motivation, keep it up all, you lot ROCK!

BD
Old 10-22-2022, 10:16 AM
FitDay Member

Hello, You may have wondered where you can order a good, high-quality work. But there are enough sites on the Internet and you do not know which one to choose? I want to advise you a good site where you will definitely be helped in writing an essay. https://domycoding.org/do-my-php-assignment.html They will do your job with high quality and in the shortest possible time)
Old 10-22-2022, 04:05 PM
FitDay Member

these type of topics inspire me alot

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.