FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   I need help (http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2631-i-need-help.html)

soccerchick101 12-12-2010 12:37 AM

I need help
 
Hi Im 18 years old and i weigh 285 pounds. I am still in high school and i have never felt pretty in my whole life. I want to live my life to the fullest, but how can i whan all i think about is food? Im a very stressed out person and i always turn to food when something is going wrong or if something is going right. I have tried almost everything and all i have done is gain more weight. I remember when i was 220 pounds i told myself i wasnt going to get any bigger that i was going to do something. i never did...instead i am 285 pounds and i feel absolutely miserable. I should be out having fun with my friends....but instead i am inside and eating myself to death (literally.) i want to be happy and feel good about myself. I just hope i can do this and succed. I just want to get this weight off once and for all. :( any advice please comment i would love to hear from u or even ur story...maybe it will help me out... :D

Lovedogs4ever 12-12-2010 01:43 AM

Hi Soccerchick! First, let me give you a big hug!
Last year in September I was 18 years old, 227 and very down on myself. Being overweight is not fun at all! The worst thing for me was knowing that the way I was living was not healthy...AT ALL. But the more I got depressed about it the more I ate. But now I have lost 50 pounds and feel so much better about myself. I am no expert at weight loss but let me share some tips with you that worked for me.

I worked first on my "inside" not my outside. I am NOT what I look like or how much I weigh! I am a person, I am so much more than that.
Another thing I did was that I took ownership of my weight. I gave a long hard look at my lifestyle and how I got where I was and I decided to change. I didn't hope things would change, I decided to make changes. I wasn't going to let myself have any excuses. I got myself into this mess so I was gonna get myself out of it.
I made a plan, what my goals were and how I was going get to those goals.
An important thing for me to remember was that I make mistakes, I get off my plan and that's OKAY! I am not perfect, all I need to do is just get back up again, and try, try, again.
But the very most important thing (I think at least) is to just enjoy the journey! Just making small changes makes a big difference and pays off in time. Enjoy how your body is changing and how your perspective on life is too. It isn't about a quick fix, it is about a lifestyle change!

soccerchick101 12-12-2010 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lovedogs4ever (Post 28145)
Hi Soccerchick! First, let me give you a big hug!
Last year in September I was 18 years old, 227 and very down on myself. Being overweight is not fun at all! The worst thing for me was knowing that the way I was living was not healthy...AT ALL. But the more I got depressed about it the more I ate. But now I have lost 50 pounds and feel so much better about myself. I am no expert at weight loss but let me share some tips with you that worked for me.

I worked first on my "inside" not my outside. I am NOT what I look like or how much I weigh! I am a person, I am so much more than that.
Another thing I did was that I took ownership of my weight. I gave a long hard look at my lifestyle and how I got where I was and I decided to change. I didn't hope things would change, I decided to make changes. I wasn't going to let myself have any excuses. I got myself into this mess so I was gonna get myself out of it.
I made a plan, what my goals were and how I was going get to those goals.
An important thing for me to remember was that I make mistakes, I get off my plan and that's OKAY! I am not perfect, all I need to do is just get back up again, and try, try, again.
But the very most important thing (I think at least) is to just enjoy the journey! Just making small changes makes a big difference and pays off in time. Enjoy how your body is changing and how your perspective on life is too. It isn't about a quick fix, it is about a lifestyle change!

thank you so much for the tips and your support!!! it means a lot to me!! i know it will take a lot of hard work and determination to get where i want to be in life....but i need to start out little and work my way up the ladder!!! thank you again for the support!!

RunbikeSki 12-12-2010 09:50 PM

Wow Tamara,
What an awesome post! You are mature beyond your years.

Soccerchick, just your screen name tells me you are at least interested in being active, so start there. Walks, runs, (skips, hops, and jumps count too), anything to keep your body moving. The diet part is very important, but at your age developing an active lifestyle that will be part of life, for the rest of your life, is the very best thing you can do for yourself.

Feeling anxious or blue? Take a walk around the block or over to park if there is one nearby (just don't stop at the 7-11 on the way home ;) ). Join a group - sports would be great - but even a group that helps others less fortunate, or that make some sort of contribution to your community will help you feel like you are a part of something bigger that just you.

And as Tamara says so clearly, give yourself a break. As you know, being all down on yourself only makes thing worse. Start with small changes and build from there.

soccerchick101 12-12-2010 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunbikeSki (Post 28213)
Wow Tamara,
What an awesome post! You are mature beyond your years.

Soccerchick, just your screen name tells me you are at least interested in being active, so start there. Walks, runs, (skips, hops, and jumps count too), anything to keep your body moving. The diet part is very important, but at your age developing an active lifestyle that will be part of life, for the rest of your life, is the very best thing you can do for yourself.

Feeling anxious or blue? Take a walk around the block or over to park if there is one nearby (just don't stop at the 7-11 on the way home ;) ). Join a group - sports would be great - but even a group that helps others less fortunate, or that make some sort of contribution to your community will help you feel like you are a part of something bigger that just you.

And as Tamara says so clearly, give yourself a break. As you know, being all down on yourself only makes thing worse. Start with small changes and build from there.

thank you for your insight, tips, and support. It means a lot to me. i have been having a really rough time at my house and i have been very stressed out and when im stressed....i tend to eat. i guess thats where it all began now that i think about it. i just want to be a normal person and have a normal lifestyle, instead of struggling and worrying what people think of me. i need to take control of my life before it really gets out of hand.

thanks agin for the support and tips. it means a lot to me... :)

martini_mama 12-16-2010 01:53 AM

Hi I am new on the site and I am still trying to figure it all out... I was drawn to your name as a fan and former player of soccer. I am 33 and am trying to lose some weight myself.. I wish you the best and can only say that I pray for you and that we have to take baby steps.. At least I know that is the only way I am gonna be able to be consistent! If I can help you in any way please let me know. Like you I love to just eat, at all times and then I beat myself up about it after...I need to grow up and just find the discipline within myself that I had playing soccer and just make some changes... I am gonna start by adding water to my juices when I drink them, you could lose 6lbs in a yr by diluting 1/2 the juice.. not the best taste but better than water... Hit me up if you need to vent..

soccerchick101 12-17-2010 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martini_mama (Post 28572)
Hi I am new on the site and I am still trying to figure it all out... I was drawn to your name as a fan and former player of soccer. I am 33 and am trying to lose some weight myself.. I wish you the best and can only say that I pray for you and that we have to take baby steps.. At least I know that is the only way I am gonna be able to be consistent! If I can help you in any way please let me know. Like you I love to just eat, at all times and then I beat myself up about it after...I need to grow up and just find the discipline within myself that I had playing soccer and just make some changes... I am gonna start by adding water to my juices when I drink them, you could lose 6lbs in a yr by diluting 1/2 the juice.. not the best taste but better than water... Hit me up if you need to vent..

Thanks for the support it means a lot to me. yeah, i have been playing soccer for 6 years now and honestly i dont know if i can even play this upcoming season because i am so out of shape. i am a great shooter its just my running.

anyways thanks for the support and same here...if u need to vent just hit me up and ill be here if u need me... good luck!! :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2