Notices

My Goal

Old 11-27-2010, 03:51 AM
FitDay Member

Question My Goal

I have always been big since i became a teenager. I am trying to lose that weight now but im not sure where to start help!!!
Old 11-27-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! I'm going to let the more experienced members here help you because I'm a newcomer too, and only have experience with what I'm doing. For what it's worth, I set a daily calorie goal and began regularly exercising just two weeks ago, and I'm feeling better than I can remember feeling in 20 years.

It might be helpful for those who might give you advice to know a bit more about you, like you age, weight, and whether you have any health or lifestyle issues that might affect how you can change your diet or your activities.

I'd spend some time looking around the site, and reading through the forum. You'll learn a lot that way.

Good luck, and keep reaching out for support when you need it. I'm sure you'll get it here.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:02 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome. Determine to make this a new 'lifestyle' and not just a quick fix. There are lots of ways to approach the process but the best one is the one that fits your circumstances. As DetroitBreadown suggested read some of the past post and when you are ready to share some of your specifics you can ask for specific recommendations.

You titled your post 'My Goal' but you didn't really say what the goal was beyond losing weight. I encourage you to set short and long term goals. These help you develop a plan (including the caloric deficit you need to maintain) to hit these goals. Good luck!

Last edited by rpmcduff; 11-29-2010 at 08:06 AM.