FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Need inspiration (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2383-need-inspiration.html)

carrietc89 11-15-2010 03:33 AM

Need inspiration

Kind of losing faith in myself. Anyone got words of inspiration and encouragement? :(

cjreyes 11-15-2010 04:48 AM

Originally Posted by carrietc89 (Post 25491)
Kind of losing faith in myself. Anyone got words of inspiration and encouragement? :(

Only you can make a difference for yourself! You can do ANYTHING you REALLY want to do! Stay on track and trust me it WILL be worth it in the end!!;)

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 05:50 AM

how's this? http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...ion-watch.html

what about some tough love? http://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums...y-you-fat.html

That's what I have to offer.

connie5410 11-15-2010 07:20 AM

I know that sometimes things ( tummies and legs, etc.) can be really be exhausting and discouraging, but you aren't doing this alone. You have the support of many right here! If you can just take the support and then, only then, KEEP ON TRUCKIN' - you go girl.

connie5410 11-15-2010 07:24 AM

Hey there, support and inspiration does NOT mean calling people demeaning names! You can take that Marine style bootcamp crap and you know where to put it.

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by connie5410 (Post 25511)
Hey there, support and inspiration does NOT mean calling people demeaning names! You can take that Marine style bootcamp crap and you know where to put it.

are you referring to me?

connie5410 11-15-2010 07:29 AM

yes

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by connie5410 (Post 25515)
yes

well Connie, did you take the time to click the link before spouting off at me? I'd guess not, whom did I call any names? If you would have read the actual thread you would have realized that what I posted was about me becoming fat b/c I was the cause of it. I also listed common excuses that we all use. It's amazing how 99% of the people that actually took the time to read what I posted thanked me and said that it was true motivation. Maybe you should have read the thread first, don't you think?

as for me 'sticking it', I think the only thing that got stuck... was your foot in your mouth.

carrietc89 11-15-2010 07:37 AM

Thanks so much everyone for replying! I feel better than I did this morning. Actually got my boyfriend to agree to eat better WITH me! :p You guys are great.

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by carrietc89 (Post 25517)
Thanks so much everyone for replying! I feel better than I did this morning. Actually got my boyfriend to agree to eat better WITH me! :p You guys are great.

that's great. It's nice when you can get people around you to support you in your decision to become a better you! Please take the time to check out the links that I posted, maybe someone here will actually check it out and get some inspriation out of it.

connie5410 11-15-2010 07:49 AM

There is still no excuse for calling anyone here Fattie. It is bad enough that we have to hear this kind of insensitivity from the outside world - please don't use it here.

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by connie5410 (Post 25519)
there is still no excuse for calling anyone here fattie. It is bad enough that we have to hear this kind of insensitivity from the outside world - please don't use it here.

Once again, who did I call fat???? Did you bother to actually read the thread or not? How was i being insensitive????? BTW that thread is 17 pages. Do YOURSELF a favor a read it, then come back and name for me, who I belittled, talked down to, called names or made fun of.

I don't think this is a matter of me being insensative, I think it's a matter of you being too sensative and jumping to conclusions with out having a clue.

Hunny24 11-15-2010 07:53 AM

Connie, chill out. He wasn't calling anyone particular that, let alone you since it seems to have ruffled your feather. If you are taking offense to it, that's on you.

Keep on bringin' it Mike! You give us all inspiration! :)

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by connie5410 (Post 25510)
I know that sometimes things ( tummies and legs, etc.) can be really be exhausting and discouraging, but you aren't doing this alone. You have the support of many right here! If you can just take the support and then, only then, KEEP ON TRUCKIN' - you go girl.

Speaking of jumping to conclusions, where did the OP ever mention that her tummy or legs are her concern? Never. She may be prefectly content with her body... just needing motivation.

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Hunny24 (Post 25521)
Connie, chill out. He wasn't calling anyone particular that, let alone you since it seems to have ruffled your feather. If you are taking offense to it, that's on you.

Keep on bringin' it Mike! You give us all inspiration! :)

Thank you Ann! Some people really amaze me. lol

Hunny24 11-15-2010 08:12 AM

I would love for someone to call me fattie whenever I went to eat something bad or decided to skip on a workout. Believe me, that would be motivation I need on some days!! I also grew up playing sports my whole life and coaches always rode your ass to run faster, harder, lift more, etc. So that works for me, not for others obviously....even though that's not what you were doing here! :)

Sidenote...is this work day over with yet??? :)

gmantych 11-15-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by connie5410 (Post 25519)
There is still no excuse for calling anyone here Fattie. It is bad enough that we have to hear this kind of insensitivity from the outside world - please don't use it here.

You should really look at the link that was sent to the OP. When I first saw the title weeks ago, my first thoughts were WTF. But after reading through the thread it is Nothing like its sounds. I have only been here about 7 weeks and I already know that Mike is not insensitive. He is straightforward though! He most certainly did not call the OP Fattie.

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 08:37 AM

thanks for the support Glenda.

When I made the read asking what everyone thought of each other, this is what was said about me.

Originally Posted by Lizzycritter (Post 25194)
I think you can be gruff at times, but you're very honest and I respect that, a lot. Tough but fair, willing to help others but not carry them. Willing to work hard to get what you want.

I think that's pretty darn accurate. :D

cjreyes 11-15-2010 08:51 AM

Ummm.. Once again, just do it girl! You're motivation is all in you! You CAN do it and you WILL do it!! :)

almeeker 11-15-2010 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by carrietc89 (Post 25517)

That is FANTASTIC!!! DH and I have been dragging each other towards healthier lifestyles for the last several years. It always seems like one of us is taking the lead and then we swap places after a while, it's a good system.

I think the hardest part of being healthier is making yourself start again every morning. Some days it's just harder to accomplish than others, but you just have to keep chipping away until little by little it becomes second nature.

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 25532)
keep chipping away until little by little it becomes second nature.

ding ding ding! That's the answer. Make it a habit. Habits are hard to form and easy to break. Just stick with it. Realize that this is a long term... life style.

carrietc89 11-15-2010 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by almeeker (Post 25532)
That is FANTASTIC!!! DH and I have been dragging each other towards healthier lifestyles for the last several years. It always seems like one of us is taking the lead and then we swap places after a while, it's a good system.

I think the hardest part of being healthier is making yourself start again every morning. Some days it's just harder to accomplish than others, but you just have to keep chipping away until little by little it becomes second nature.

It's definitely hard, especially being a pastry chef! Thanks for the motivation and good luck with your goals!

connie5410 11-15-2010 12:50 PM

Mike,
mea culpa
Connie

almeeker 11-15-2010 12:52 PM

Pastry chef? Oh honey that's fighting this war at ground zero, good luck soldier.

01gt4.6 11-15-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by connie5410 (Post 25554)
Mike,
mea culpa
Connie

no problem.

path75 11-17-2010 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by 01gt4.6 (Post 25536)
ding ding ding! That's the answer. Make it a habit. Habits are hard to form and easy to break. Just stick with it. Realize that this is a long term... life style.

I agree with things becoming habits. We just have to form new better habits. I can't go a day without my walks or exercise because now it is a new habit. My advice is set small goals. I started exercising and could not jump. I know it sounds funny but I was just happy to be able to get my feet off the ground once I kept working at it. It is those little accomplishments that will keep you going. Just take your time and know each day you will improve. Also, don't let set backs be an excuse to quit. There will always be bumps in the road and we just truck through them one day at a time. Good luck with your goals and welcome.

semerasm01 11-17-2010 02:27 PM

Ur not alone

Remember your not alone. We have good days and bad. We are all here for you.. Talk to us anytime....Have a great night!

01gt4.6 11-17-2010 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by semerasm01 (Post 25780)
Remember your not alone. We have good days and bad. We are all here for you.. Talk to us anytime....Have a great night!

very true, we are all here for each other.