Notices

Need inspiration

Old 11-15-2010, 07:49 AM
FitDay Member

There is still no excuse for calling anyone here Fattie. It is bad enough that we have to hear this kind of insensitivity from the outside world - please don't use it here.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:52 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by connie5410
there is still no excuse for calling anyone here fattie. It is bad enough that we have to hear this kind of insensitivity from the outside world - please don't use it here.
Once again, who did I call fat???? Did you bother to actually read the thread or not? How was i being insensitive????? BTW that thread is 17 pages. Do YOURSELF a favor a read it, then come back and name for me, who I belittled, talked down to, called names or made fun of.

I don't think this is a matter of me being insensative, I think it's a matter of you being too sensative and jumping to conclusions with out having a clue.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 11-15-2010 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-15-2010, 07:53 AM
FitDay Member

Connie, chill out. He wasn't calling anyone particular that, let alone you since it seems to have ruffled your feather. If you are taking offense to it, that's on you.

Keep on bringin' it Mike! You give us all inspiration!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:00 AM
Super Moderator

I know that sometimes things ( tummies and legs, etc.) can be really be exhausting and discouraging, but you aren't doing this alone. You have the support of many right here! If you can just take the support and then, only then, KEEP ON TRUCKIN' - you go girl.
Speaking of jumping to conclusions, where did the OP ever mention that her tummy or legs are her concern? Never. She may be prefectly content with her body... just needing motivation.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Hunny24
Connie, chill out. He wasn't calling anyone particular that, let alone you since it seems to have ruffled your feather. If you are taking offense to it, that's on you.

Keep on bringin' it Mike! You give us all inspiration!
Thank you Ann! Some people really amaze me. lol
Old 11-15-2010, 08:12 AM
FitDay Member

I would love for someone to call me fattie whenever I went to eat something bad or decided to skip on a workout. Believe me, that would be motivation I need on some days!! I also grew up playing sports my whole life and coaches always rode your ass to run faster, harder, lift more, etc. So that works for me, not for others obviously....even though that's not what you were doing here!

Sidenote...is this work day over with yet???
Old 11-15-2010, 08:29 AM
FitDay Member

There is still no excuse for calling anyone here Fattie. It is bad enough that we have to hear this kind of insensitivity from the outside world - please don't use it here.

You should really look at the link that was sent to the OP. When I first saw the title weeks ago, my first thoughts were WTF. But after reading through the thread it is Nothing like its sounds. I have only been here about 7 weeks and I already know that Mike is not insensitive. He is straightforward though! He most certainly did not call the OP Fattie.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:37 AM
Super Moderator

thanks for the support Glenda.

When I made the read asking what everyone thought of each other, this is what was said about me.
Originally Posted by Lizzycritter
I think you can be gruff at times, but you're very honest and I respect that, a lot. Tough but fair, willing to help others but not carry them. Willing to work hard to get what you want.
I think that's pretty darn accurate.
Old 11-15-2010, 08:51 AM
FitDay Member

Ummm.. Once again, just do it girl! You're motivation is all in you! You CAN do it and you WILL do it!!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:54 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by carrietc89
Thanks so much everyone for replying! I feel better than I did this morning. Actually got my boyfriend to agree to eat better WITH me! You guys are great.
That is FANTASTIC!!! DH and I have been dragging each other towards healthier lifestyles for the last several years. It always seems like one of us is taking the lead and then we swap places after a while, it's a good system.

I think the hardest part of being healthier is making yourself start again every morning. Some days it's just harder to accomplish than others, but you just have to keep chipping away until little by little it becomes second nature.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.