FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   Newbie today i start my diet to loose 60lbs (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/236-newbie-today-i-start-my-diet-loose-60lbs.html)

cjohnson728 01-30-2010 10:35 AM

Hi Fellow Newbies...

Lots of positive energy here...let's all keep it up!!

I just finished inputting my food from going out to dinner...a little panicky because although I didn't "blow it," it is still different from cooking and measuring in your own kitchen! I am just going to put today as one of those days where I maintain (burn what I eat) as opposed to running a deficit to lose pounds. But it is only 6:30 here and I am at 1500+ cals, so that's a little scary. I am going to do treadmill tonight and also my Jillian Michaels shred DVD...I will feel "back on track" after that, I think.

But my personal triumph is that for the first time EVER, we went out to dinner and I did not steal some of my son's fries!! So maybe I do have some self control somewhere.

Have a great rest of the weekend!

mirage59 01-30-2010 11:54 AM

OMG i totally know what you're saying about stealing your sons food! I used to do that so much, I didn't even realize it. I think that has been a huge part of what has helped move lose. I'm one of those people that believes they have to eat everything one their plate, especially when we're out to eat. I work hard for my money and I'm going to eat every penny!! lol Congrats on the self control, it's definitely a step towards the good. Its so hard going out to eat, portion control is almost impossible. I've also learned that it doesn't work for me to bring home the leftovers because I always eat them like 2 hours later lol..kinda pointless, should have just eaten while it was fresh!!

Well I didn't work out today, but I did shop, so I'm counting that as my cardio. I know my heart rate went up at least 3 times when I was looking at shoes so it's gotta count for something. Thats it for me, I'm off to watch some TV...cause I'm lazy!!

Hope everyone is having a splendid weekend!

Alyssa

Hedgiehog 02-02-2010 09:58 AM

I am 22 (turning 23 early this month) I have 55-75 lbs to lose. I was also hoping to find a buddie to help keep me on track. This week i am joining the gym, I have changed one of my medications and it has seem to help me eat less so that's a plus. This year I have lost 8 lbs but my weight is still way high, my goal for now is to have a better BMI, from there i hope to find a weight that also makes me feel good about myself.

KaitieGahn1987 02-02-2010 10:49 AM

Me too! My name is Kaitie and I'll be 23 in May. When I was in high school I weighed around 135 which was perfect for my height and body build. After graduation, I gained over 30 pounds...all of which went to my butt and thighs. Getting a full time job and going through some tough times myself only added to it. Like you, today is my first day on my diet! ;) My goal is to get back to my highs chool weight. Also like you, I feel unattractive which is discouraging.
I'm on 1,200 cal diet. I've cut out Mountain Dew several weeks ago and that seems to help out a lot but still...cutting out my favorite pop isn't enough. So here I am. :) You don't know how encouraging it is to see so many trying to get fit and healthy, especially someone whose the same age.
I wish you and everyone else lots of luck and success!

mirage59 02-03-2010 03:04 AM

Hi Hedgiehog and Katie! Glad to see new people again. I'm 27...but I wouldn't mind being 23 again!!

Well...I just wanted to see how everyone is doing?! I hope we're all staying motivated!! I'll be the first to admit...I'm not staying motivated to work out but as far as eating, I'm still doing great. It just seems like I've been sleeping so well lately and I hate to get out of bed at 5:30! But I did buy a pedometer (although it keeps falling off my hip!) so I've been using that to keep track of how many steps I'm taking. Then I try to inrease by 100. It seemed like alot at first, but I think it has been getting easier. I'm just so LAZY!!! I don't enjoy working out. The only part I like is b****ing out the person on the work out dvd!

Hope everyone is doing great!!

Alyssa

KristynBond 02-03-2010 03:40 AM

Hi everyone! I'm looking for people to help keep me motivated too. It's great to read everyone's stories and hear similar situations. It's good that we can all be in this together. I'm 28 and need to lose about 80 pounds. I've already lost about 14, so 61 to go! I am very lazy. I absolutely love tv and reading. The thought of exercising totally stinks. However, I figured out part of my problem. I've always belonged to planet fitness, but all you can do there is machines and weights. I finally joined the ymca, and enjoy going there much more because you can do activities instead of just machines (e.g. classes, tennis, swimming). I also use my wii alot and play the game "just dance". I look like a total idiot, but it's really fun and a great workout.
I look forward to reading everyone's posts!
~Kristyn

mirage59 02-08-2010 06:09 AM

Hey Kristyn,

Welcome to Fitday! I haven't heard anything about the "just dance" game. What is it like??

Alyssa