FitDay Discussion Boards

FitDay Discussion Boards (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/)
-   Newcomers (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/)
-   -   introducing myself (https://www.fitday.com/fitness/forums/newcomers/2351-introducing-myself.html)

heritagehunter 11-11-2010 02:17 AM

introducing myself

Hi, I'm heitagehunter, I'm a stress eater. My stress relief "drug" of choice is flaming hot cheetos. I started on this journey in March. I was 207 lbs. Right now I'm 192. I would like to weigh 130, but if I only get down to 140, I would be thrilled. Slow loss but at least its going the right way! I didn't put it on overnight so it won't go away that quick either.

I do have a physical challenge, I was in a car accident 4 years ago and the muscles in my legs did not fully recover. It makes the workouts interesting!
I'm doing this so my heart will be healthy and to have more endurance.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

rpmcduff 11-11-2010 03:16 AM

Welcom to Fitday! Lots of good information and support is available. It sounds like you are already on the right track. Looking at the process as a long term lifestyle instead of just a short term temporary 'diet' will help you avoid the weight return that many dieters encounter. Congratulations on your success so far and good luck in the future.

01gt4.6 11-11-2010 03:32 AM

welcome to fitday! Just to echo what Ron said, look at it as a lifestyle. It looks like you'll be faced with challenges that others don't have due to your physical capabilities. But as they (whoever "they" are) say... where there's a will, there's a way. If you want it badly enough, you'll do it!

heritagehunter 11-11-2010 08:01 AM

Thanks for the welcome!

Definatly want the change to be permenant. I have found that changing my way of thinking is the hardest part. Journaling has helped a lot.

soccerchick101 12-12-2010 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by heritagehunter (Post 25142)
Hi, I'm heitagehunter, I'm a stress eater. My stress relief "drug" of choice is flaming hot cheetos. I started on this journey in March. I was 207 lbs. Right now I'm 192. I would like to weigh 130, but if I only get down to 140, I would be thrilled. Slow loss but at least its going the right way! I didn't put it on overnight so it won't go away that quick either.

I do have a physical challenge, I was in a car accident 4 years ago and the muscles in my legs did not fully recover. It makes the workouts interesting!
I'm doing this so my heart will be healthy and to have more endurance.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone here.

im a stress eater as well. my food of choice is pizza. I understand what u are going through. All i have learned over the years is that life may have ruts in the road, but that doesn't mean to stop and wait until its fixed...u go around it and get over it. Life is unfair....get used to it....that is what i am told everyday of my life.... things will get better...i promise!! :)