Notices

Hello From Detroit

Old 08-29-2010, 02:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hello From Detroit

I came to FitDay a couple of years ago - and used it off and on for about 2 months and loved it.

Then... well... life sort of stepped in and I knew I didn't have time to lose weight - but I did take the time to get my head-on straight about self-esteem issues and some of the mental core work I guess I really needed to do.

I love FitDay and suggested it to people over the years if they wanted to see the nutrition/fitness reality of their lives. That was what most inspires me is that I really can see what it is I am eating, the nutrition, and my activity level.

I also appreciate people who share their stories - they do help!

In the meantime - while "getting my head together" I managed to lose 15 pounds and now need the help of FitDay to lose the rest of it. There's still a lot to lose...

I just wanted to mention the mental-health aspect of weight loss. I don't think I could have done it before - and getting healthy in my head, for me, was an absolute necessity.

Again - my appreciation to FitDay - it's a very easy site to use and also easy to make "my own".
Old 08-29-2010, 02:57 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome and good luck on your journey.
Old 08-30-2010, 01:36 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Glad to hear that you're in right head-space to continue your health journey and hopefully feel a lot better about yourself. You go, girl!

I'm currently living in the suburbs of Detroit after a few years of living in North Carolina. I forgot how much I love Michigan summers... =) Stay cool out there, it's gonna be a hot one today!

Best of luck and keep up the good work!