Notices

New to the forum

Old 02-26-2010, 05:48 PM
FitDay Member

Default New to the forum

Hi! I'm Eve and I'm new.

I've used FitDay on and off for a few years, always with new screen names because I end up forgetting my old ones. I used to be somewhat of a gym rat and health nut. Then, about a year ago, I quit going to the gym, picked up smoking (again -after not smoking for 3 years) and life started to spiral. About 6 months ago I started working out and trying to eat healthy but I was still smoking so it was pretty much all pointless. Last month I finally quit smoking again but I also started eating a lot more out of boredom and haven't been exercising anywhere near as much. Needless to say I've put on about 8 lbs and now I want to get it under control!!! I'm excited to be starting my life over and getting back to being healthy.

I look forward to reading about everyone else and encouraging all of you along the way.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:31 PM
FitDay Member

Welcome Eve! Your story sounds familiar. I also have used fitday off and on for years. Honestly tracking my nutrition has been the ticket for me. Now that they've added the forum, it's even better!

Congratulations on quitting smoking and taking control of your health and fitness! Hope you'll join us in the 5-15 thread. There's lots of great ladies there to walk the journey with you.
Old 02-27-2010, 06:48 AM
FitDay Member

Thanks Beth! I agree that keeping a food log is the best thing. It keeps me honest and makes me think "do I really want those chips and ruin my day?"