Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
I think my problem is I forget I'm dieting!!! >

I think my problem is I forget I'm dieting!!!

Community
Notices

I think my problem is I forget I'm dieting!!!

Old 10-20-2015, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Default I think my problem is I forget I'm dieting!!!

I'm so new to this kind of thing, I've never even been on a thread, or forum. the thing is, I never tell anyone I'm on a diet! except one time when I was on weight watchers. I watched every morsel that went into my mouth and lost a big 5 pounds in 5 months!

I'm thinking this will be something new. so here's the scoop.
I'm 56-169 pounds - 5 3" - In menopause ( on the back side, things a slowing down,) I would like to be 145 in 6 months.
I need to get weight off my knee's and ankle's this is very important.

when I'm around food. #1 its like I have to eat it! I think in my head that someone made this for me, and I have to eat it. #2 I forget all about not eating. #3 I don't eat then I'm so hungry I wolf down my food. I know these are problem spots for me. I'm going to journey on my new found friends and tell all!! any help would be great!
Old 10-20-2015, 03:24 PM
FitDay Member

Linda, it's good that you can recognize the areas that are giving you trouble. I saw that you decided to join in on the New Year Challenge. Why don't you join us over on the Support & Motivation thread for this week? It's a small group of us who come on each day (or almost every day) to offer each other encouragement and are going on this journey together. Hope to see you there!
Old 10-22-2015, 07:41 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Linda,

I too suffer from many of the same things you listed. I too am in my 50's and pushing 160now, my highest weight was 199. I dropped 55 pounds on WW in 2 1/2 years. I honestly HATE logging but, it does make me accountable. So now I write it before I bite it. I have had many successes and many not do successful weight losses. I do know I do far better when I get my quota of water daily. Remember NOTHING tastes as good as SKINNY feels!

Good luck on your journey!
Old 10-22-2015, 11:14 AM
FitDay Member

thanks for your thoughts, I really do miss my skinny self, she's been gone long time, will feel good to see her again,( with an old face ) hahaha