Community
Notices

First Post

Old 03-13-2015, 02:55 AM
FitDay Member

Default First Post

Hello! Just signed up for Fitday so this is my first post. Here's my story. I used to weigh 345 pounds. I started a low carb diet in July 2014 and lost 90 pounds but I have been struggling since August 2015 to lose the additional weight. I have actually been gaining weight back since then, even though I'm still doing the low carb diet. I have cut out fruit, nuts, dairy and caffeine and still not budging on the scale. I am working with weights, walk, bike and move on a daily basis. I don't know if I'm trying to hard or not hard enough! I am frustrated but I keep telling myself, I will begin to lose again. I have hypothyroid disease on top of this and I'm sure that doesn't help my situation. Anyone out here have a similar situation they've overcome?
Old 03-13-2015, 08:16 AM
FitDay Member

If you have done all this and are gaining, you could be eating too many protein grams. When we eat excess protein, even though total carbs are low, fiber intake high, and are exercising, for some reason, our bodies can treat proteins as carbs and we end up gaining. GNC.com has a great tool to help you figure out just the right amount of protein for you.

I'd also check with a MD regarding the hypothyroidism as that can play significantly in weight loss/gain issues. I've lost over 80 pounds since July of last year using a combo of low carb and paleo.

Wishing you much success! Vicki

Last edited by rosabella2012; 03-13-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 05-12-2015, 04:58 AM
FitDay Member

Default loosing weight

Try lowing your calorie level plus keep carb the same. If this work pm me