Notices

Hello

Old 02-08-2015, 01:55 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hello

Just getting started. Would love to loose at least 40! Have been excercising 6 days a week for three weeks now and haven't loss inches or pounds.
So while I feel a lot stronger and better I'm also pretty bummed about the scale not moving and my clothes fitting the same!
Old 02-08-2015, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps cutting calories AND exercise will give you the boost you need for weight loss.
Old 02-09-2015, 04:52 AM
FitDay Member

I'm hoping!! Thank you for posting
Old 02-09-2015, 06:53 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome! Good on you exercising 6 days a week! If you aren't seeing results, it could be your calories in are higher or equal to your calories out. You need to be in a deficit to lose weight...but I'm sure you already know that. What are your doing for exercise? do you have a heart rate monitor? Fitday is great for tracking calories in, but the estimate calorie burn is too generic and often over estimates. Using a heart rate monitor assures you know how many calories you're burning in your workouts. If that's not for you, continue to do what you've been doing but look at your diet. If after 6 weeks of even walking, you should see a loss...if not it's most certainly what you're eating.

Feel free to join in on the Motivation and Support board! There's a new Motivational thread that starts up every Monday where we post throughout the week. Some fitdayers make goals for the week and check in on how they are progressing with their goals. Others simply chime to give and get support and motivation. Also currently happening on the Motivation and Support board is a Distance Exercise Challenge as well as an Easter Challenge. Please feel free to join in on any thread that suits you!