Weight loss by walking >

Weight loss by walking

Community
Notices

Weight loss by walking

Old 01-27-2015, 03:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight loss by walking

Hi, I am 22 year old and was overweight 70 kgs. I felt very bad of my weight and started to reduce it...Started to eat diet foods and went for walking daily from just before 1 week. Even though, i could not find any changes, so i just surfed about it and came through a weight loss calculator. The calculator says how much weight i have been lost due to walking. I checked with it and found that i have lost 3 kgs. May be it could work for me if i continue it....

Have any of you losed weight only by walking...Share your stories......

Last edited by Kathy13118; 02-28-2015 at 05:58 PM. Reason: removed link
Old 01-28-2015, 12:47 PM
FitDay Member

Hi there!
I lost about 60 lbs just by walking, swimming, and eating right.
I had to increase the intensity after that, in order to lose more, but I certainly did well for the first while with the walking/swimming combo
Old 02-28-2015, 04:48 AM
FitDay Member

Smile walking

My experience even though I walked 3 miles a day for over 20 years,i never lost 1 pound but it does help a bad back. I have had to do more,I choose to count calories and have been loosing 1 pound a week for 5 weeks and keeping it off. I can,t wait for Monday to start a new week. I am currently using a stationary bike that logs calories burned ,I like it and seems to work for me ,If you get one ,get the type that work arms and legs both.Best of luck!!
Old 02-28-2015, 09:39 AM
FitDay Member

Walking is fine for your heart, thats a good thing, but it doesn't do anything weight wise.

Weight loss comes for eating less calories than you burn, no other way. If your calorie maintenance for the day is say 1800 calories, you would have to consume 1600 to drop weight.

Weight training and diet will give the best results.