Starting Day Two: Hi to all From IL

Community
Notices

Starting Day Two: Hi to all From IL

Old 01-06-2015, 08:52 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Talking Starting Day Two: Hi to all From IL

Good Morning:

Started my last "health kick" about two weeks ago and after creating a couple elaborate spreadsheets to track my last health kick, came across FitDay and am now using both. I refer to this as my last health kick because I have yo yo dieted and been motivated and demotivated so many times. Having been about 50 lbs overweight most of my life; I am going to change that this year and finally get and stay healthy. My NY resolution is to finally become an athlete at the ripe ol' age of 55. Fortunately, I carry my weight well, am fairly tall and have otherwise quiet youthful features for my age. With heart issues in the family, this is somewhat of a do or die proposition in my mind. I look forward to a new me over the next 360 days (I got a jump start on the New Year by starting before Jan 1).

My goals:
Lose 45 pounds by June 30 (265 to 220); another 20 by 12/21/15 (220>200)
Average 30 minutes of exercise / day Jan 1 - Dec 31
Never miss my daily meds and supplements (I get lazy and forget to take 'em)
Consume on average less than 2500 calories per day
Increase hours of sleep (5 > 6). Prob going to be one of my toughest goals
Average less than 2 drinks per day. I drink red wine somewhat liberally in the past; more controlled now. Drinking one glass per day is part of my heart healthy routine. Have a fairly active social life (work and leisure) and thus that 1 can grow to 3 or 4 pretty easily.

All of these goals are tracked on my spreadsheets. The biggest change for me is that this is not going to stop as it has in the past. I have started and stopped "health kicks" many times in my life. This is a permanent change.

Good luck to everyone and your own respective goals. As I get to know people on here, I look forward to helping you stay motivated and I certainly welcome your poking and prodding at me for staying on track with my own.

Regards to all!

SCW
Old 01-07-2015, 05:24 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Big thumbs up!

Hi SCW -

We can do this if we keep at it.

I find that fitday keeps me honest with myself.

Best of Luck to You!
Old 01-07-2015, 05:34 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Default Yes Sir

Thanks Jim! Looking forward to the challenge!!