Notices

Hi :)

Old 05-18-2014, 04:41 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hi :)

Hi, just introducing myself. I wandered here yesterday and think I'll stick around. This site has a lot of useful tools for keeping track of what I'm up to. It'll be nice to be around other people who are looking to improve their health.

I'm wondering if anybody might be able to explain the calorie balance on the dashboard to me. The only two things I understand on it are the calories eaten and calories burned.

There is a calories lifestyle (what is that? Its way more than I eat in calories per day.)

and a net calories (also way more than I consume in a day)

I'm confused!

Thanks,
~Emily~
Old 05-18-2014, 04:52 AM
Super Moderator

It sounds like you're new to the website. Have you filled out the profile? Any calorie number that is going to be meaningful as far as balancing what you eat with what your body expends is going to be in a context. That means: height, age, current weight, etc. Also, your daily level of activity.

I'm using classic fitday but the current fitday 2.0 should ask for that kind of information when you set your profile.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:15 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, thanks, I did fill out my profile, I just didn't/don't fully understand what the calories lifestyle and net calories represent. I *think* the calories lifestyle is the number of calories you burn per day just being up and about based on your activity level? Net calories, though, I'm still not sure what that is. That's ok though.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:27 PM
FitDay Member

hi.......