Notices

very low carb diet

Old 04-15-2014, 11:52 PM
FitDay Member

Unhappy very low carb diet

Hello, I was instructed, by my Doctor, because of a serious medical condition to go on a strict low carb diet, and don't know where to start. Any one out there heard of the ketogenic diet.? If you have recipes you that you think might help, please let me know.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 AM
Super Moderator

Ask your doctor for some printed material to guide you on your diet. I'm sure that if he recommended that diet, he should have some information to explain it. It may be as easy as calling his office and having them mail it to you.

The reason this is a good idea is that there are varieties of low-carb diets and they all do work, at least in the short term. Your doctor may have a preference for whichever he or she thinks is a good safe low-carb diet.

You can read the Atkins diet books to start, though, if you want to learn about ketogenic diets. The Atkins diet has a website.
Old 04-19-2014, 10:35 PM
FitDay Member

Talking Lchf :)

Originally Posted by francesruff
Hello, I was instructed, by my Doctor, because of a serious medical condition to go on a strict low carb diet, and don't know where to start. Any one out there heard of the ketogenic diet.? If you have recipes you that you think might help, please let me know.
LCHF, Low Carb High Fat is the diet i use, and a good site that can help you alot is : Diet Doctor - Real food for your health. lots of information and recipes about low carb