Notices

Need to gain weight!

Old 11-29-2013, 12:06 PM
bmanowen

Default Need to gain weight!

Hey people my name is Bradley to start. I am a 21 year old, 6 foot tall male weighing in at 147 pounds. And I am completely knew to this community and would love to get some advice. I have never really concentrated on what I ate or tracked what I ate at all for that matter, until I recently developed a HORRIBLE spell of wrist flexor tendonitis. I was just mainly wondering what type of nutritional advice I could get as far as developing a diet that fits my needs as far as needing to gain weight, and possibly foods that could control my inflammation a little better in my wrists. Any advice at all would help! Thanks!

Old 11-29-2013, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome! By tracking your food, using the food log, you can see how many calories you currently eat. Then make an attempt to increase that number yourself with food choices that are higher in fat (which is higher in calories per gram than protein or carbohydrate). Gradually increase the frequency of your meals. These are just some suggestions.

But for inflammation in your wrist, the best help will come from your doctor. For that matter, you can ask him about gaining weight while you're in his office. I'd be surprised if he didn't tell you just to increase your caloric intake with more healthy foods.