New here - looking for a diet buddy...? >

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Community
Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 AM
FitDay Member

Thumbs up Buddy here

Hey. I am 26 and a full life. Just joined FitDay and looking for support. Going from 160 hopefully to 125. We can do this. Lets connect!
Old 04-23-2012, 11:16 AM
FitDay Member

Red face

Originally Posted by SarahLou120385
Hi all, I'm Sarah, I'm 25 and currently trying to go from 172lbs to 140lbs. I'm looking for someone to chat to on a daily basis to trade tips with and who can help keep me on track and for whom I can do the same, as sticking power has always been my failing point with diets so far. Anyone interested?

Sarah x
Hi Sarah, I'm 49 and still trying to loose a few lbs. I need to read up on this fitday and get into the grove, but I'll be glad to chat with you.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:20 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Sarah,

I think I'm in the same boat as you. I'm at 173 and I want to be down to 145. I'd really appreciate having someone to talk to and support while we try to improve our lives.

Can I be part of this team?
Old 04-28-2012, 12:24 AM
FitDay Member

Default We can do this!

Hello to all you new to this site and welcome!
Fairly new myself but really liking it. The site's very user friendly, except for logging workouts in my opinion as that has been the one challenge for me.

I am trying to get to 125 lbs from the 154 that 2012 found me at! Currently at 143 so a bit more to go. My goal is to be there by 6/15.

It's been up/down but down for the most part. Have tried WW but not crazy about it. Also tried Atkins but found the first phase menu way too hard to incorporate into my daily life.

So I decided to just watch what I eat being extremely mindful of my daily carb count, however as I've found that the weeks where I eat as little carb as possible, yield the highest weight loss.

I know we don't typically want to hear this but exercise is key. So I started by forcing myself (literally) to get up at 5:00 to log a workout before my day starts and other obstacles (real or made up) get in the way. An hour of cardio on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and 30 minutes of cardio plus another 30 of weight training on tuesdays, thursdays and saturdays. First week is hard to get up but you feel like a million buck after. It's definitely true what they say about an "exercise high". It gets easier the second week and I swear that by the 3 week you are actually looking forward to hitting the gym!

Another lifesaver for me was a product called True Lime. Sold at most supermarkets, it's crystallized lime (also comes in lemon and orange) in little pouches equivalent to 1 wedge. I drop one or two in my water at the gym or at work and end up drinking 8 glasses of water plus daily without realizing it. I also keep a couple in my purse, wallet so when I go out to eat it is easier to just order water with my meal versus Coke, etc and add it to my water.

Good luck guys and don't despair. Treat every day as an opportunity to either start all over if yesterday was not so great or to motivate you otherwise.

Feel free to connect with me offline if you'd like.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:29 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Hello out there!

Hey everyone! Been on fit day for a little over a month now and loving it. Fit day makes it so much easier to track calories in and calories out. I'm female, 5'5 and started out last year at 274. I tried a few diets and got to about 240 but with fitdays help I'm down to 213 now and I'm looking to get to 137 as my long term goal. BTW... First time posting on a forum! I had to get my boyfriend to help me make a signature I'd love to chat with some of you (If I can figure this out)
Old 05-09-2012, 08:53 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I'm new here too! I'm a competitive athlete and I use this site to track my nutrition and calorie expenditures - so my goal isn't to lose weight! However, if you plan on starting a fitness regimen, it would be my pleasure to give you support and help you stay on track!
Old 06-05-2012, 04:25 PM
FitDay Member

Default just started as well.

Hello all,

I am alittle older than yall, I am 29 almost 30. I decided I was'nt going to live my 30's as I did my 20's (had a health scare, I though I was having a heartattack). I weigh 260lbs am 5ft 9in and have a long ways to go. I have started my weight loss with 15lbs in 3 weeks, by just eating less, and working out more. My kids encourage me greatly but it would be nice to talk to an adult someone who is going through the same things I am, adjusting to a healthier lifestyle.

Christi
Old 06-11-2012, 02:10 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all, I'm 'new' here too. Was here years ago for a while, but it's long time ago so it's like being new to this website and forum. I'm 52 years old, mom of 2 daughters and 1 son and married to lovely supportive hubby. I'm 5'3 and currently weigh 74 kg (around164 pounds.) My goal is 60kg but would be happy with 64 at the moment. :-)
I sure need some support from women like me...struggling with the urges for the food we don't need but love to taste, and gaining in a wink.
Ugh...it was so much easier when I was younger and could eat anything without gaining anything.
I like to be active, we're building up our acreage from scratch, and I love to work with my 3 horses, so lots of exersize right there. Also do fitness at home, rowing and X country ski machine. Love gardening too. When I sit...it's like I need to eat, so I try not to sit too much. LOL Also same time trying to quit smoking by cutting down and hope to stop in a few months. Went from 30 smokes to 8 now. oops...long story, so this is it.
Old 07-09-2012, 04:25 PM
FitDay Member

Olá1 Sou Roberta, tenho 30 anos e sou mae de um bebê de 1 ano. Estou tentando montar uma dieta pois desejo perder 10 Kg. O que eu faço? Por onde eu começo? Desde já agradeço e fica com Deus.
Roberta
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil
Old 07-14-2012, 12:20 AM
FitDay Member

hey i am courtney and i started my diet today i am trying to go from 200 pounds to 150.
I think we both can do it we will need each other i am a fast food junkie but i went and brought a week of healthy meals.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.