Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
New here - looking for a diet buddy...? >

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Community
Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 05-20-2011, 07:00 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome to the forum. I hear you on the "sticking with it". Pretty much every Monday of my life I started a diet, only to fall off the wagon on Thursday or Friday (if not sooner). One of the things you'll see over and over again on this forum is that people are not trying to "diet" per se, they are trying to make healthy changes to their lifestyle. For me it's all about habits, forming new healthy ones and getting rid of bad ones. You might try the 7-day accountability thread for a way to stick with it day to day.
Old 01-03-2012, 12:59 AM
FitDay Member

Default Looking for some Diet Buddies!!

I am 35 yrs. old, Single mom of 2. I just graduated from Nursing School and I am looking to start my new life. I know I need to loose a ton of weight, but its easier said than done. I played the yo-yo diet all my life. I am now at my heaviest at 380. I am totally commited to make this year the year I get "me" back. Looking for friends to talk to while on this journey of my life. I plan on doing shakes 2 times a day and then chix breast and veggies for dinner. I also want to start an exercise routine. I have an elipical in my basement that is just holding clothes right now. Good Luck to All who has also decided to get healthy this year!!

~Alorea~
Old 01-03-2012, 09:35 AM
FitDay Member

Hi! I'm in need of a diet buddy too.

Taking time for ourselves is probably the hardest thing we have to do - harder than resisting the treats, or getting off the couch. I work 2 jobs, 1 full time and 1 supposed to be part time, plus I have a new house to cook and clean in, a boyfriend whom I adore and I volunteer a LOT. So, as much as I don't believe in New Year's resolutions, I'm making an exception. This year I need to pay some attention to my health. I'm 197 pounds. I feel tired, achy and blah too much of the time. So twice a week I'm going to go to the pool and I'm going to join an art class. Because I can

What are you going to do to take time for yourself? How are you going to find "you"?
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome ladies to FitDay. There are plenty of great people here to help you along the way. We also have a great women's section where we do a weekly motivational (accountability) thread. Some really great women there... and me, but I don't bite (too hard). Stop by and say hello. If y'all have any questions, just ask.

In Weight Loss Tips we have a 100+ pounds to lose thread. Just know there you are not alone here, there's always someone that's in your shoes or has been in them. Hopefully they returned them in good condition so you can use them to walk or exercise in.

Last edited by 01gt4.6; 01-03-2012 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:10 AM
FitDay Member

Nice to meet ya!

I plan on cooking healthy for myself and taking time to exercise.
Old 01-04-2012, 09:07 PM
FitDay Premium Member

Originally Posted by alorea1976
I am 35 yrs. old, Single mom of 2. I just graduated from Nursing School and I am looking to start my new life. I know I need to loose a ton of weight, but its easier said than done. I played the yo-yo diet all my life. I am now at my heaviest at 380. I am totally commited to make this year the year I get "me" back. Looking for friends to talk to while on this journey of my life. I plan on doing shakes 2 times a day and then chix breast and veggies for dinner. I also want to start an exercise routine. I have an elipical in my basement that is just holding clothes right now. Good Luck to All who has also decided to get healthy this year!!

~Alorea~
Welcome!

Glad to have you aboard

Please do check in to the 100+ to Lose thread, if you like--plenty of us there who are (or were) in your situation and understand what it's like and the challenges you face.

Rejoice in the knowledge that you CAN succeed in this battle and using FitDay is probably the smartest thing you can do to help make it as easy as possible.

If you need help or advice, just ask.

Regards,
Michael
Old 01-04-2012, 11:29 PM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome!

Welcome to the forums! I have 100+ to lose as well. I hope it works out well for you and keep your spirits up! Believe you can do it and it will happen.
Old 01-05-2012, 10:22 AM
FitDay Member

Welcome Alorea!

I guess you can see a bit about my philosophy in my signature. I have to start slow & steady. Daily routine -- step by step.

IDEA: What about changing 1 thing at a time? I think about what can I add MORE in my life? Often when I add MORE into my life, it replaces the not-so-good. For example, right now I'm working on adding more non-starchy vegetables in my life, thus it fills me up & I eat less sweets.

Best wishes as you journey toward a healthier you!

living.smiling;66997 ~ Welcome aboard the Fitday Forums! It's good to see that you're treating yourself well. There's lots of wonderful encouragement around here --hope you continue to stick around. Best wishes!

Last edited by fit4luv; 01-05-2012 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:29 AM
FitDay Member

Hello....I'm in a similar boat to you and would love to have some diet buddies along the way. Look forward to hearing from you! Katie
Old 01-05-2012, 11:34 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Diet Buddies

Hello...I have just joined and would love to have some buddies to share the ups and downs of getting back to a slim and fit self! Look forward to hearing from you...Katie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.