New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Community
Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM
FitDay Member

Angry umm no

Originally Posted by densefeb
I think losing weight is very easy. If people put habit of exercising regularly for 30 to 40 minutes daily then the results are very positive.
I have experienced it.
LOL um no. I have low thyroid and menopause. Others may lose 2 or 3 lbs and i will eat the same and exercise the same and lose 1/2 lb. Losing weight, for me, is very hard. My body hangs on to each pound like a lifeline. I have exercised 5 times a week for an hour each and seen no drop in weight.
Old 09-01-2010, 06:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hya!!!!

Hello here. I'll add myself to your buddy list . Briefly, I am 28 years old and over 140lbs overweight. I have been a "fattie" ever since I can remember and have tried diets and exercise throughout all of my life with little results. Of course, being weak and putting up a lot of excuses have been the reason for such results, but this time I am truly willing to put the obesity away for good. I have only been dieting and working out for 10 days but I'm 4 pounds lighter already. Working out hasn't been any problem for I've always liked to walk and dance and I've been incorporating those things on my workouts. Eating, now that's another story. Even though I have always eaten fairly healthy, I have the softest spot for candy and junk food, and I tend to eat at all times. So that has been my biggest problem so far and I can't deny, it's been a struggle but I have been strong so far to keep myself away from those chocolates and doughnuts I so much love!

I have been blessed with excellent health all of my life, yet I know that if I keep this exaggerated weight it won't help in a future, so that's a long term reason why I am doing this effort. But as a fashion design student who loves fashion and clothes, my weight is not helping me to enjoy that I love. And as frivolous as it may sound to some(which to me it can be compared to someone looking to lose weight so they can be more agile or feel better, which of course is a collateral gain in my case), that is the main fuel in this journey I have decided to take in this moment.

Hopefully I'll be 80-100lbs lighter by May 2011, which is the month I graduate from fashion school. I visualize myself wearing a beautiful self-designed dress and earning praise for my hard work. I have made little 20 pounds goals in 2 months and I even covered a little box with pictures of dresses and and shoes I want to wear(cause I can't even wear shoes with 1" heel because of the weight!!) in which I'm putting a dollar for each pound I shed. I know this is going to be hard and will take a lot of time, but it will be the most rewarding and knowing that keeps me going. Just had to say that.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 PM
FitDay Member

So another month has gone by and the only good news is ,I haven`t gained any more weight.

I have bought a new set of scales as I had no faith in the other set.

IF we are going to make this work we must make a commitment,

Every day log in and log your foods we must commit to weigh in once a week I have bought a lovely evening jacket ,it fits well where it touches, The arms are so narrow its like a straight jacket.Its my aim to wear this out to Christmas lunch .

Any other ideas anyone

Pam
Old 09-07-2010, 12:48 AM
FitDay Member

Wink 57 and learning to be a loser!

Originally Posted by scareymary
LOL um no. I have low thyroid and menopause. Others may lose 2 or 3 lbs and i will eat the same and exercise the same and lose 1/2 lb. Losing weight, for me, is very hard. My body hangs on to each pound like a lifeline. I have exercised 5 times a week for an hour each and seen no drop in weight.
Mary: I know about that menopause - what a drag. I have diabetes too! That is what kick started me to lose my 100#(or more). Hang in there. It may be a slow process for both of us due to our age but 1/2# a week is still a loss! I focus on ANY loss and hope for 1# - anymore than that and I am 'happy dancing' in my bathroom. I figure it took me 40 years to get this big, I can weight 2 years to get thinner. I am not in a hurry.

The only exercise I do is walk. I started at 8 minutes a day a year ago and have steadily been able to increase my stamina to 60 minutes - once/twice a week. I can now walk up our hill without stopping. I accept all small victories.
Just keep moving.

Do you track your food and journal on FD? Maybe you are not eating enough calories for your body - if you are exercising so much. The body may see you as 'starving' yourself and holding onto the food for survival. I also read, recently, not enough water can be a cause of lack of weight loss, something I need to learn to do.

If you need a buddy - I am online from 5am-7am MST Alberta, Canada.

Carren
Old 09-07-2010, 12:56 AM
FitDay Member

Default Dressed to the Nines!

Originally Posted by ninakretina
Hello here. I'll add myself to your buddy list . Briefly, I am 28 years old and over 140lbs overweight. I have been a "fattie" ever since I can remember and have tried diets and exercise throughout all of my life with little results. Of course, being weak and putting up a lot of excuses have been the reason for such results, but this time I am truly willing to put the obesity away for good. I have only been dieting and working out for 10 days but I'm 4 pounds lighter already. Working out hasn't been any problem for I've always liked to walk and dance and I've been incorporating those things on my workouts. Eating, now that's another story. Even though I have always eaten fairly healthy, I have the softest spot for candy and junk food, and I tend to eat at all times. So that has been my biggest problem so far and I can't deny, it's been a struggle but I have been strong so far to keep myself away from those chocolates and doughnuts I so much love!

I have been blessed with excellent health all of my life, yet I know that if I keep this exaggerated weight it won't help in a future, so that's a long term reason why I am doing this effort. But as a fashion design student who loves fashion and clothes, my weight is not helping me to enjoy that I love. And as frivolous as it may sound to some(which to me it can be compared to someone looking to lose weight so they can be more agile or feel better, which of course is a collateral gain in my case), that is the main fuel in this journey I have decided to take in this moment.

Hopefully I'll be 80-100lbs lighter by May 2011, which is the month I graduate from fashion school. I visualize myself wearing a beautiful self-designed dress and earning praise for my hard work. I have made little 20 pounds goals in 2 months and I even covered a little box with pictures of dresses and and shoes I want to wear(cause I can't even wear shoes with 1" heel because of the weight!!) in which I'm putting a dollar for each pound I shed. I know this is going to be hard and will take a lot of time, but it will be the most rewarding and knowing that keeps me going. Just had to say that.
Nina: You CAN DO IT! You have a wonderful vision and motivation. I know from watching 'Project Runway' that fashion design is a stressful career choice and long hours. Make sure you get out on your breaks and walk. It is great for stress relief - even 10 minutes - and will give you great energy. Buy a pedometer if you don't have one and monitor how many steps you take a day. I start out at 2500 and am now shooting for 10,000.
Here is an idea for you - buy a small bag of tiny carrots. They are sweet and low cal and good for you. You can make up snack bags at home to pack with you during the day and treat them like candy. When I get a sweet craving at night - I have some baked sweet potatos on hand. I have a small piece and it is so sweet that it curbs my cravings. I hope these hint help. Carren
Old 09-07-2010, 01:42 AM
FitDay Member

I am currently at 225 and would ultimately like to lose 85 lbs. I just started last week by eating more healthy, walking 1 mile 4 days per week and going to an aqua fitness class at the YMCA twice a week. I am weighing in only once per week and am committed to logging my food and activity daily.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:16 AM
FitDay Member

I am happy to see the forums on here. It is a great help for those of us trying to lose. I lost 50 pounds 4 years ago on a site like this. After I stopped I gained back 30 of it. I'm now trying to lose that and the additional 30 I never lost. I'm 64 and 200 pounds. Several of my firends who lost slow and steady have kept it off with healthy diet and exercise. I've tried every diet and while they all help me lose - the only one that kept the weight off for any length of time was focused on healthy eating, reducing calories and exercise.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:38 PM
FitDay Member

Default Also looking for a budy

Hi,
I am also looking for a budy. I have gained so much weight and I am starting to have a hard time. At first I wanted to loose a few pounds and in the short time of a year I went from size 10 to size 20 at 250 pounds. I can always start a diet program with no issue and then somewhere along the way I just get hungry and eat everything in sight. I need someone I can stay on track with. I never thought I would have to set a goal to get down to 200 pounds but something has got to give. I know I need to take my time with the weight loss but I think my downfall is wantiing quick results to stay motivated. 09/10/2010 is the start of me and my new healthy lifestyle so feel free to join me
Old 09-19-2010, 09:29 AM
FitDay Member

I think your stats are private couldn't see them. I'm no expert, just enjoy lifting and such. Alot of nutrition for building muscle and/or getting lean is about timing. Only have simple carbs post workout. Eat healthy fats, don't be afraid of them. Keep grainy foods low, lots lots lots of veggies, protein. check out bodybuilding.com if you haven't already. But yea can't tell you bout your diet I couldn't see it.
Old 10-03-2010, 03:14 AM
FitDay Member

Red face Support needed desperately

Hi All

I am a nearly 60 post menopausal woman ,as of today I am 231.2 lbs and I would dearly love to lose all the weight I gained since 2003,

This is when I quit work ,quit smoking and entered the menopause.

I have a wardrobe full of beautiful clothes in ever increasing sizes,I am now size 24 from 12 .

I am based in Wales U.K. ,I say this only for reference with any time differences.

I would love for any support and encouragement and possibly a diet buddy as I would love to drop a couple of sizes before Christmas, and then I will be away 3months ,and hopefully on my return lost another lb or 2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.