Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 08-19-2010, 07:56 AM
FitDay Member

Float, Your dinner sounds yummy, lol. I LOVE poached eggs....so much so we got a toaster/egg poacher for a christmas present from my parents and use it ALL the time. (So easy, and healthy!!!!)

Even though I've lost 40 pounds thus far, I never felt fat, overweight or even obese when I was. I seemed to "hide" a lot of my weight. It wasn't untill I looked at some pictures of myself in a bathing suit on vacation in March that I realized how much I had blown up to.

I happen to have a "pear" shape body. All my pants look ridiculous on me now....ie I HAVE to wear a belt or else everyone will get a great show. I am however a girly girl, so I've gotten by this summer wearing all my summer dresses that will fit me at any size which is not only convenient but also light and airy. I REFUSE to buy new clothes till I hit my goal!!!!

I trained last night with my trainer at the gym....worked on legs for the first time in a few weeks...Today I am feeling it! Love the pain though!

I hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 08-20-2010, 04:15 PM
FitDay Member

Default looking for weight loss buddy ?

Id like to find one, male or female, any age , who has 100 plus to lose and is starting out.
Old 08-21-2010, 03:50 AM
FitDay Member

Hi Mary
I am currently 229lbs ,I have set no goal weight loss ,anything would be welcomed .I am 60 years old
If we unite I will be online between 2pm -5pm B.S.T. I am in Swansea U.K.
PAM

Last edited by pamsdish; 08-21-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 11:20 PM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by scareymary
Id like to find one, male or female, any age , who has 100 plus to lose and is starting out.
Well I'm kind of starting out, I'm very motivated this time. I started Atkins induction on 7/18/10 stayed on it for 3 weeks lost 14#. I could not get all the fat Atkins wanted me to eat in. So I switched over to a low carb Caveman-women diet. The first week was bad, now it's great not hungry during the day anymore. I have found if you get hungry during the day if you put 2 tbls of cider vinger in a glass of water and sip it the hunger goes away for a few hours. Not to many people like the caveman diet it does take determination. I have been on it for 33 days and lost 29# as of this morning.
I am tired of being fat and I'm not going to do it anymore. I started out wanting to lose 125# but now I have set my sights on 150#.
I would love to have a diet buddy so this is where I am and what I am doing. Your turn. Rob
Old 08-24-2010, 05:37 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all --

Sounds like a good bunch of buddies. I have 30 pounds that HAVE to come off, so I'm with you! Getting older, gaining easier, love food. Me too, I let things slide, not really thinking about how big I was getting, except for those horrible moments when I'd get a glimpse in a mirror or photo... ugh. I'm only 5'1" so it shows up fast!

I'm on a simple diet: eat food (a lot of stuff isn't really food!) mostly vegetables not too much

I love the bean salad suggestion -- one of my standbys as well, and just threw a soup through the blender. Just veggie (or chicken) broth, zucchini, dill weed, one tiny potato, some garlic, celery -- cook until soft and then put in the blender or food processor until smooth and thick. The veggies have to fill up the broth completely when you start cooking. I find it filling and delicious, simple to make. And you can eat limitless quantities, almost. It helps me when I feel a portion-control issue coming along.

Exercise is the tough one for me these days. Will get off the butt and move it as much as possible. I'll try to report back daily!

keep it up, ladies!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:57 AM
FitDay Member

Hi again -

I just wanted to share the link for the article where the "eat food..." idea came from - I heard it in a speech about a year ago, and this finally gave me the incentive to look it up.

The article is a bit long, but the last bit (the numbered list) is a good concise guide that is easy to follow. The information in the long part is full of all kinds of good information, but, well, it's long!

here it is Unhappy Meals | Michael Pollan
Old 08-24-2010, 08:15 AM
FitDay Member

Default hi

Thank you for replying !
I feel I am just floundering
I think up the perfect system to lose weight and soon as it tanks, I eat anything. Then I think up a new one. I can get thru many 3 or 4 days.

I dont have money for Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig etc. Ive donated sooo much $ to the different diet clubs anyway lol

Im not big on meat but grats on your Cave woman diet ! I am thinking I just need to count calories and avoid restaurants, sugar foods, fats in access etc. Drink water instead of beverages without sugar and exercise more.

Being wayy overweight, exercise is a challenge. I can walk but not for far distances. I have a gym program that i around an hour or more of weights and 30 minutes of aerobics. It is too much for me tho. I started it in the beginning of the month and went every other day for 2 weeks. Now I have not been back.

I know from years ago and losing.. Weight loss has to be the NUMBER ONE priority. Even if it means buying water at movie theater, getting up super early to go to gym, cooking special foods etc.
this time around I am just finding it so hard to get from Point A (where I am now) of eating anything and not exercising, to Point B (where I need to be)
in control, 3 meals, 1 snack. water water water, daily exercise. all healthy foods.

What is best way to have a buddy or 2 on here ? Exchange emails or are there private messages ?
thank you both !
Old 08-26-2010, 08:18 AM
FitDay Member

i have to lose 119 pounds.. my goal is to do it by october of next year.. what about you?
Old 08-26-2010, 09:38 AM
FitDay Member

Thank you for replying !
I feel I am just floundering
I think up the perfect system to lose weight and soon as it tanks, I eat anything. Then I think up a new one. I can get thru many 3 or 4 days.

I dont have money for Weight Watchers or Jenny Craig etc. Ive donated sooo much $ to the different diet clubs anyway lol

Im not big on meat but grats on your Cave woman diet ! I am thinking I just need to count calories and avoid restaurants, sugar foods, fats in access etc. Drink water instead of beverages without sugar and exercise more.

Being wayy overweight, exercise is a challenge. I can walk but not for far distances. I have a gym program that i around an hour or more of weights and 30 minutes of aerobics. It is too much for me tho. I started it in the beginning of the month and went every other day for 2 weeks. Now I have not been back.

I know from years ago and losing.. Weight loss has to be the NUMBER ONE priority. Even if it means buying water at movie theater, getting up super early to go to gym, cooking special foods etc.
this time around I am just finding it so hard to get from Point A (where I am now) of eating anything and not exercising, to Point B (where I need to be)
in control, 3 meals, 1 snack. water water water, daily exercise. all healthy foods.

What is best way to have a buddy or 2 on here ? Exchange emails or are there private messages ?
thank you both !
Hey Scareymary,
I think you will find that everyone on this forum is your buddy!!
We all route for one another's success,give encouragement and inspiration.
We are all in the same boat, and we want to keep it afloat !!!
Good Luck
Old 08-27-2010, 02:40 AM
FitDay Member

"I'm supposed to eat 2150 cal with no exercise and I just eat less than 1000 cal"

go see a nutritionist.
you're doing this as a life change - not a fad diet
i've tried this before and it doesn't work - well at least for me.
eat several small meals a day to get your motabilism moving.

imo, removing 1150 calories from your normal intake is not good.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.