Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
New here - looking for a diet buddy...? >

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Community
Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 08-08-2010, 08:45 AM
FitDay Member

I think you can do it if you just stay motivated. Both of us actually I've read a few of the success stories and they inspire me but then I see food and I cant stay focused. Oh 10 pound goals is smart. I did have a diet that i would follow but it got extremely hard because it was a little too extreme. Do you have a certain weight loss diet you follow?
Old 08-08-2010, 09:41 AM
FitDay Member

I would like to have weight loss partners too, motivation is key!!
I lost 8-9 lb and my first goal is other 33 lb away.
What diet are you following? I tend to try all of them one after another =))
Old 08-09-2010, 01:44 AM
FitDay Member

Default good morning

Just checking in. Welcome vsabino! Congrats to you and sarah on your weight loss! I don't weigh myself for another couple of days. I don't know if I will have lost any/much weight in the past week as I've fallen off the food wagon a couple of times. If I haven't gained any I'll try and be satisfied with that.

I'm still pretty happy about having lost over 30 lbs in the four weeks after my baby was born. It was a big boost but I didn't have to work for it. Now the hard part begins - trying to lose all the weight I put on BEFORE getting pregnant!

I don't follow any particular diet as I've tried them all in the past and failed. In fact, the minute I tell myself (or anyone else) that I'm on a diet, I'm as good as doomed. I've also read every diet book out there . I've now given up on looking for a quick fix or a "cure". The remedy is not rocket science right? It's simply "eat better and move more". Not that this is always easy to do or else we would not be here. lol.

Anyway, I'm really hoping to reach my first 10 pound goal by sometime before the end of Sept.

You are both doing so well. Any tips??
Old 08-09-2010, 02:43 AM
FitDay Member

My diet is not ideal... I'm supposed to eat 2150 cal with no exercise and I just eat less than 1000 cal, of whatever type of food. At the beginning I was drinking one slim-fast shake (190 cal) for lunch, 3 snacks (100-cal each) throughout the day and then a 500-cal dinner. That worked great the first 2-3 weeks, I was eating all the day and didn't feel on a diet (except the ugly lunch...). Now I switched to Atkins to see if I can boost my weight loss a bit more, but it has only been 3 days, so I'm not sure yet.
The good news is that after a few weeks of diet the hunger is pretty much gone, as well as the cravings.
I walk at least 3 times a week for 30-60 min and I'll try to start running now, but I feel so heavy!
What are you planning to do bluebent? Do you have a plan to start with?
Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 AM
FitDay Member

Default plans....

I can't say I have a 'real' weight loss plan this time around. All of my previous "plans" have failed big time so I'm very hesitant to be too restrictive or even tell anyone that I'm trying to lose weight - except on here of course! I intend to track my calories and try and stay under 2000 each day. (Breastfeeding requires 500-700 calories a day). I also want to exercise more but on days that I don't/can't I won't beat myself up about it. My new baby is not sleeping much and cries a lot day and night so I'm totally exhausted and sleep deprived. My 2 year-old is also very active and demanding so for now I have my hands full and can't schedule time to workout other than going for walks with them. (I also have a broken tailbone thanks to a difficult labour. My doctor thinks I should be able to do more in the way of weight training etc. with a couple more weeks healing time.)

So far my new plan to not have a more formal plan is working. Since losing the 35 pounds of baby weight, I've lost three more in the past two weeks! I was going to weigh myself tomorrow but ended up on the scales this a.m. instead. I was pleased.

I think staying positive is key. In the past when things got super busy or stressful (which they are for sure right now) I would turn to food for comfort. I'm struggling to avoid that vicious cycle this time around.
Old 08-11-2010, 01:08 AM
FitDay Member

Default Struggle.....support

Hi Sarah
I JOINED TODAY. BEEN READING SOME OF MESSAGES AND YOURS CAUGHT MY EYE ESP THE WORDS STRUGGLE AND SUPPORT. YES I AM AND YES I NEED IT. YES I'LL SUPPORT YOU ALL I CAN
Old 08-11-2010, 03:53 AM
FitDay Member

Default Looking for a bodybuilder to be a buddy

I have been weight training for years and I am a runner. I am looking for someone that can guide me with my diet. you can check out my food and activity. I just started so I only have a few days of info but my diet and workout is regular. I would like to lose 20 pounds of fat and gain 5-10 pound of muscle. In the past 3 months I have gained close to 10 pounds. It's fat I can tell from my clothes. :-(
I have not changed my diet or workouts but I am on thyroid meds. I think my levels are off, which might be the cause for the weight gain.

Regardless of that I need some guide on my diet. I know my calories are too low. I try to maintain my macros.

How am I doing and what should I change.
Old 08-14-2010, 04:44 PM
FitDay Member

Hi Sarah

A couple of weeks ago I got the shock of my life when I pressed some buttons and discovered that according to my BMI I am over-weight! I am 5ft 3inches and weigh 154lbs. My goal is 120lbs.

I joined FitDay last week. Its great to see everyone supporting each other on this site. Positive reinforcement is the way to go
Old 08-15-2010, 01:42 PM
FitDay Member

How are you guys all doing? Any progress or issue we can help each other with?
I was stuck at -9 lb weight loss for a few days, but finally the scale decided to move today so I'm down 10 lb. I hope I'll start to go down again!
There are days I am REALLY hungry and better days.
What about all of you?
Old 08-17-2010, 01:04 PM
FitDay Member

Default Looking for a diet buddy, I have 30 lbs to lose.

Hey there. I have hit an all time high weight, for myself. I tipped the scales at 180 pounds. That is way too heavy for me, especially as I am pre-diabetic. I dieted last year and did quite well...then lost all motivation and just started eating whatever I wanted. With that came a cessation of exercising...probably because winter came and I couldn't go out and walk anymore. So I got lazy, ate like a pig and got fat! Big surprise!! LOL!!!

I am semi following the weight watchers eating plan. I am not real young either! LOL!! When I was successful last year (and yes I was using FitDay) having a diet buddy to check in with once or twice a day was super helpful. So I am looking for that kind of mutual support again.

Looking forward to hearing from those that could use the daily sharing and caring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.