Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 05-13-2010, 08:55 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. Well had my weigh in this morning, lost 1 lb, which puts me in the 10st something category now!!!! WOOHOO!! Haven't been here for several years! I know it's a small loss, but the significance for me is huge! So thank you all for your words which have motivated me to get my backside in gear! Hope you're all happy with your progress this week also...
Old 05-14-2010, 01:10 AM
FitDay Member

Well done Hick. I always think it doesnt matter on how much you lose each week it all adds up. 1lb is still a great deal-its not easy to lose weight so be very proud of yourself! It must be great to get to the 10st something mark! I weighed in on wednesday and my 2lbs loss(was finishing the monthly cycle so that helped!) has put me at 12st 2lbs so im pushing myself to see the 11stone something on the scales next week. Its been a 8 years since ive seen it anywhere under 16 so im thinking positive about reaching my goal of 10 and a half stone. Well done again and keep up the good work!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:50 AM
FitDay Member

Well done Tracy....you'll get down below the 12's next week no question! I know what you mean about the monthly cycle, I can put on 4lbs the week before I'm due easily! Thankfully I recognise that now and don't get overly stressed about it! Well done for all the weight you've lost so far...big pat on the back!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:43 AM
FitDay Member

Hi bbodenstein and ellabella!!!

I have been doing Atkins - induction - for almost 4 weeks now. Would love to have buddies to receive and share tips and ideas with. So far I have lost 16 pounds and aim to lose about 65 more. Would love to join forces!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:54 AM
FitDay Member

Also Hello to everyone else!

Ellabella! My family eats what I eat for the most part. Sometimes they may add a different side or eat cereal for breakfast, but whatever I cook they eat. My hubby is pretty supportive about that.

As for the being sick of eggs, have you tried french toast eggs(tastes like french toast and you can use SF syrup), a MIM(is a low carb muffin you can make that actually tastes good) or a pumpkin pie omlet(similar to the french toast eggs). Those are just a few things I have made to mix things up and keep from being bored. I can pass on the recipes if you are interested. There are also lots of low carb sites that offer lots of suggestions.
Have a great day!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:45 AM
FitDay Member

Default Hi i am new.

Hello i am going to try the calorie shifting diet wondered if anyone else was doing it and could give me any pointers. would love a diet buddy i have shed loads to lose xx

Last edited by teresagaylor; 07-08-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-08-2010, 05:27 AM
FitDay Member

Default Welcome!

Teresa,

Welcome to fitday! There are tons of caloric-cycling programs out there. See: Calorie Calculator - Daily Caloric Needs. Also, there's a thread under the WEIGHT LOSS forum, Weight Loss Tips
Cycling Calories / Zig Zag Calories Cycling Calories thread.

As for trying to find a weightloss buddy, there's tons on this board. Check out the women's only corner forum, and browse through the various groups. They should help provide the support you're looking for.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:38 AM
FitDay Member

Wink thanks

thanks for the info i will check these out now
Old 08-05-2010, 04:50 PM
FitDay Member

Default Weight Loss Partner

Hii
I joined fitday about a week or 2 ago. I've lost about 4 kilos since. I was wondering if there was someone I could talk to throughout my stuggle to lose weight, like as support, just to get motivation and inspiration.
I'd be glad to get any help I can!
Goal: -20 kg
Mini-Goal: -15 kg
Current Loss: -4 kg
Old 08-06-2010, 10:45 AM
FitDay Member

Hi there! I've used Fitday in the past to track calories and workouts but just came back today. I've never used the forums before but was looking for a little inspiration. Earlier today I was thinking it would be nice to have a weight loss partner to help with motivation.

I'm hoping to lose about 40 pounds and am setting 10 pound goals for myself. I had a baby five weeks ago and also have a 2 year old so finding time for myself is sometimes difficult but I really want (need!) to lose some weight in order to have more energy and feel good about myself again. I've set the end of January as the date by which I'd like to reach my goal. I think it's doable as long as I can watch what I eat and start exercising more.

Do you have a plan for yourself? Do you follow an exercise routine or a special diet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.