Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > FITDAY FORUMS > Newcomers
New here - looking for a diet buddy...? >

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Community
Notices

New here - looking for a diet buddy...?

Old 03-16-2012, 01:49 AM

Default hoping to find a weight loss partner

hi, i'm lisa. 40 and mom of 4 (3 still at home). i don't work outside my home, but being a stay at home mom is a big job in itself. i've just started my new diet changes about 3 weeks ago. it would be great to have someone to pm with each day for motivation, ideas, accountability, goals, etc...and just to become friends with someone in the same boat as me.
Old 03-16-2012, 09:18 AM

hi, kim. i'm new here too and looking for a weight loss buddy. if you would like to pm me, feel free. would be great to have someone for motivation, encouragement, etc.

~lisa
Old 03-16-2012, 11:01 PM
FitDay Member

Hi, everyone. I'm Crystal and just joined. I'm 31, married, have a 12 year old son, and need to seriously drop some pounds. I weigh 226 and look forward to losing about 40 pounds. I'd love a buddy to chat with/email to keep each other motivated, trade tips, recipes, and go through this journey together. I really need some accountability. I am a homemaker and that doesn't help much with staying on an eating schedule. :-/ Anyone interested in connecting, pm me. Thanks and I look forward to getting to know everyone on the forums!
Old 03-18-2012, 06:05 PM
FitDay Member

Hello,

I'm also looking for a diet buddy for motivation and help for staying on tract with weight loss ect. Anyone can message my via yahoo messanger. I was curious and I might have to ask the moderators about this but I noticed some people having sigatures posted and other information like a journal link and other info at the bottom of their posts. I wonder how that is done...
Old 03-18-2012, 11:32 PM
FitDay Member

Hi-- I just joined today after some other ladies at work suggested this site. I want to say 'Hey' to bbodenstein who is looking for a partner. I am 50 yrs old and I'm going to try and loose 40 lbs by the end of Sept 2012. Trying to do it slow & steady to set up a new healthy way to eat and I know it is going to be hard. SO MANY BOOKS and web sites that it feels a bit overwhelming at time! I'm only going to be able to check in once a day after I get home from work but I'm there for you if you want! Deb
Old 03-21-2012, 12:33 AM
FitDay Member

Default First Day Here!

Hi There - today is my first day and I have 30 lbs to lose! Egads! My brother recently had gastric surgery and I so do not want that and I want to lose weight and keep it off. Lifestyle change as opposed to a diet. Getting older certainly does make the gaining weight easier and the losing weight harder. Sounds like a supportive place though..it is nice to hear

Last edited by ChefLara; 03-21-2012 at 12:40 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:53 PM
FitDay Member

Default Hi I am Trish

Hello everyone,
I am Trish and I am a SAHM of 6, and a full time online college student. I have struggled with weight all my life, food was always my safety net and drug of choice. I decided to take control of my life in 2006 and had gastric bypass surgery. I went from almost 400 pounds, down to my current weight of 252. I want to get down to 190! I have 62 pounds to reach my goal! I am @5'11"..... According to standard charts at the docs, they say 176...... I really started cracking down on 3/5/12 and started this round of my journey and when I started I was 272 so I have lost 20 pounds. I feel great and I hope to reach my goal. I would love one person to be accountable to other than myself!
Old 03-22-2012, 06:07 AM
FitDay Member

Default I'm tired of the weight rollercoster....

Hello Fitday, my name is Kiki and I'm so happy I found this website yesterday, it has given me so much insite when it comes to dieting and taking control of myself. I not scarred to stick to it this time, I don't feel like I'm on my own anymore. I just became unemployed last Friday, but I'm not sore about it, in fact it's the push I needed in order for me to get back to me, for me take the time and focus for myself. I'm hoping theirs somebody or bodies out there that wouldn't mind taken this journey with me, lets be accountable for what we do or not do. I don't have a scale but darn'it thats not an exscuse I'm going to CVS and weigh myself today, but I'm pretty sure I'm around 196-200lbs, and my goal is 145lbs by July 20th, I think this is very realistic for me and I'm excited .
Old 03-29-2012, 09:31 AM
FitDay Member

Question hello- looking for a diet buddy...

Hello- Im Kate, and I am not new to Fitday, but this time around, I would like to have an accountability partner. I have a substantial amount to lose, and know that the healthy way is the long road. I am looking for someone who can chat with me about how my day went, how theires went and compare tips and tricks. I am diabetic, so I pay attention to my blood sugar numbers a bit more than I do the scale. Please let me know if you would like to join the journey with me.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:48 AM
FitDay Member

Smile Hello,

Hi, i`m Sarah, a busy mum of three who works full-time .I have noticed that i have started to put on weight as i reach the menopause,i`m in my forties and probably need to lose about 18lbs. I have been very lucky up to now as i have never needed to diet before but my hormones seem to be making me crave food that i haven`t really eaten before and my lifestyle is more sedentary.If anybody would like to be my buddy, please message me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.