Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 8/12/13

Old 08-18-2013, 12:54 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Weekend is going good. I am really craving a diet pop but so far, I am keeping the temptation at bay. I was a pop addict for years. I have not had any since April 28 and plan on making it even longer. I will remain drinking water.

Chrissy welcome on board! This forum is great to post mini, weekly, and ultimate goals. Everyone gives support and cheers each other on. Logging on everything that you eat to Fitday is also helpful for me. It keeps me accountable and aware of calories and nutrition intake. Good luck and nice to meet you! :0

Libby: I hope you have fun at the wedding!

Jenn: Great job sticking with your carb goals during the weekend!

Robin: Those two pounds will be gone before you know it. One day you are going to step on the scale and POOF, they are gone.

Mel-Mc: Weekends are the hardest for me, too. I try to keep myself occupied and busy that way I don't have the opportunity to go do something I will regret when I step on the scales. Good luck!

Week goals:

1. Log everything I eat daily: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
2. Stay under 1,200 calories/day: yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes
3. Push myself to walk faster: no, yes, yes, no, yes, yes
4. Do daily stretches for better health and to relieve stress: yes, yes, no, yes, yes, no
5. Walk with walking buddy in the evenings (my daughter): yes, no, no, no, yes, no
Old 08-18-2013, 02:58 AM
FitDay Member

Hmm wonder what the pop craving is about? It's pure poison you know. I too was addicted to diet pop. Couldn't go to bed at night without being sure there would be some for the next day. I quit it a few years ago. I have never had even a sip of pop since. You know they make it as addictive as they can on purpose? The economics of junk food! They spend millions keeping us consuming it. And addictive. My rant for the day lol. Hold strong you can do it!
Old 08-18-2013, 03:57 AM
FitDay Member

GREAT NEWS-LOST 6.5 LBS!! That is the most I have lost in 1 week in a long time. I am now lower than I have been in about 2 years. I know it is the posting here that helped me get the pound off. I have been very good posting every thing I ate for the last week even the icecream. I make my self get on here and post every day sometimes twice.
RS I still drink diet soda. It is my one remaining vice. I don't drink as much as I used too. I am aiming to get down to 2 cans a day the rest water or cyrstal lite.
Jenn I have no problems most days getting in my water. I use to work in a boiler room and in the summer the desk would get swo hot you could bearly touch it to do the log books. I still get outside and garden and I always take water with me and take water breaks.
Chrissy welcome to fitday. I know I have alread said this above, but log everything you eat set your calorie limit and then post everything. It helps to get a handle on what goes in your mouth. You think " If I eat this will it make me go over?". One more thing remember tomorrow isi another day-another day to get it right. Nyda
Old 08-18-2013, 05:20 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Great job on the weight loss Nyda! 6 1/2 pounds is so awesome. Keep up the hard work!

Robin thanks for the encouragement. Yes, it is poison. Diet or regular, and I also think they make it addicting. I guess I want it, because I used to drink it when I was stressed. Again with the subject of stress. I need to start getting serious about relieving stress in a natural and healthy way. Sigh....
Old 08-18-2013, 11:02 AM
FitDay Member

What a beautiful day. The wedding was lovely. The marriage ceremony was outside at 11:00 am and the meal wasn't till 2:00 pm. I had green salads and shrimp with cocktail sauce, some ham and a chicken drum stick. My calorie total is just over 1,000 so I am ok today. I will probably have some tea later. Tomorrow I will weigh in but I don't think I lost weight this week.
Diet pop is poison and addictive. It causes you to have cravings which can lead to over eating. Every once in a while I want one too but I know how bad it is. Drink water. Your body will thank you.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:09 PM
FitDay Member

I missed out on the weigh and measure my food goal but I think I did well enough with the other two. I just don't know since I didn't weigh and measure.

But I'm feeling pretty good since almost everything I ate was fresh from the garden. Beans, beets, squash, tomatoes, cucumber. I love harvest season. Hard to feel bad about a day that includes so much beautiful food.

RenewedSoul, I hear you on the soft drinks problem. I have sinus problems and only two things relieve the choking feeling from the drainage, grapefruit juice or Mt. Dew. I get the sinuses under control, get rid of the Mt. Dew and feel so good and sleep so much better then the sinuses go out of control again and I start all over.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:17 PM
FitDay Member

8 glasses of water: Y, Y, Y, Y, N, N
calories under 1100: Y, Y, Y, Y, Y, Y
walking every day: M-Y, T-N, W-Y, T-Y, F-Y, S-Y, S-N
I am going to exercise in the morning. I was not happy with the way I looked in my new dress.
Old 08-18-2013, 01:24 PM
FitDay Member

Goals

1. Exercise like a madman
M-806, T-388, W-280, Th-453, F-0, S-0, Su-283 FAIL
2. Under 2k calories per day
M-1626, T-1122, W-1608, Th-2774, F-1883, S-1608, Su-2323 PASS
3. Keep fat intake under control
M-28.8, T-67, W-37.7, Th-48.6, F-20.0, S-40.8, Su-59.4 ACCEPTABLE
4. 3 fruit/veg per day
M-3, T-1, W-7, Th-3, F-4, S-2, Su-5 PASS
5. 3 clients acquired this week
M-0, T-0, W-0, Th-1, F-0, S-1, Su-0 FAIL
6. Don't rack a disciprine
M-N, T-N, W-Y, Th-Severely racked a disciprine, F-N, S-Y, Su-N FAIL
Old 08-18-2013, 01:27 PM
FitDay Member

Hi all. I knew I was having ham dinner today so I did real lite on calories dureing the rest of the day. So when I posted dinner I was still under my caloarie level. so I am pretty happ withi myself. I have been in a good mood eversince I woke up and weighed.
I was born with a cleft pallet and the docs had to build a roof ini my mouth, wheci meant they had to build my sinus as well. I had almost constant drainage because of this and I get sinuis infections on a regular bases.
I also take a pill to help with the headaches. It causes dry mouth. There are days that no matter how much I drink I still that dry mouth filling untill I drink my first diet coke-now caffiene free- The caffiene was not helping the headaches at all.I will not let myself have a dc untill after 1 pm though up till then I drink a lot of water.I have gone from close to 2 litters a day down to less then 1 liter most days.Hope every one has had a good weekend is ready to go at it again. Nyda
Old 08-19-2013, 02:00 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by RenewedSoul

Kocialapcia: I had to Google the word disciprine. lol
That was actually Ian's idea - his goal # 6:
6. Don't rack a disciprine

LOL is right! He'll get me fired one day if I keep chuckling over his posts at work!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.