Go Back  FitDay Discussion Boards > WEIGHT LOSS > Motivation and Support
Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13 >

Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13

Community
Notices

Motivational Thread Starting 8/5/13

Old 08-10-2013, 07:38 AM
FitDay Member

Hi all! I've been remiss in posting. I'm not sure what my goals are (plus it's the end of the week). I haven't been logging my calories lately, partly because it adds more stress to my life, which only makes me want to eat more. Is that bad?
Old 08-10-2013, 09:11 AM
FitDay Member

Sounds like logging needs to be a goal
Old 08-10-2013, 09:53 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Robingen
Sounds like logging needs to be a goal
Except I either obsess (which, given my tendency to be obsessive isn't healthy) or just feel guilty. I dunno. It's too hot to think.
Old 08-10-2013, 12:53 PM
FitDay Member

This week's goals:

1. Workout 3x, M-walk, T-Walk, W-walk, Th-Walk/Run, F-N, S-Walk
2. Eat 3 veg per day, M-1, T-4, W-4, Th-9 (yes that's correct-9), F-1 (better do an average for the week lol), S-5
3. Do 3 (extra) chores per day, M-1, T- 1 very big one, W-3 (1 was plumbing yick), Th-3, F-0, S-5
4. 3 Lovingkindness meditations: M-Y, T-N. W-Y, Th-N, F-Y, S-N

Well, I have been very inconsistent with my goals. But 2 and 3 are helping me force myself to do stuff that I would not otherwise do. Again tonight I had a salad that I otherwise would not have had.

Claire.....about the obsessing and guilt well, um, read my quote lol.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:35 PM
FitDay Member

Hello everyone. I am back. I have been doing sole searching and I am ready to go at it fullo board. This summer has been crazy. Fist is to hot then to cold then back to hot. We think we will get rain then we get the tipical idaho thunder storm - 40 drops to the acre and 40 mph winds.
I reacently got my aic done it was right where is suppose to be and my fasting blood sugar was great. My blood pressure alittle high but not so high have to treat it.
Fisrt we had 2 extra dogs for 2 weeks and no matter what I was doing when I went to move, I triped over dogs. Then the kittiens got old enough to get under foot. Mom had 7 the last 3 were so small, had to have been a bit premature. We feed them extra and 2 of them turned out to be the 2 biggest of the litter. a firend took 1 and we worked with the human soiciety and got 4 more new homes. We were only going to keep one but spot is more the Flash. " hey Spot. " and there she goes. It is late in the week so will not post goals at this time. Hope every one is staying as dry as you can. and august will be gone before you know it. Nyda
Old 08-11-2013, 03:05 AM
FitDay Member

RenewedSoul, nice that you're seeing the sun. Great job on logging your food! I haven't been doing that. I've had so much going on right now that I dn't have time. But I'm going to give it my best shot again starting Monday. I hope you find a walking buddy. I often do "aerobic walking" in front of my tv or computer to my Walk Away the Pounds for Abs DVD program by Leslie Sansone. Best wishes on the stress relief.

Claire, we will support you no matter what your goals are as long as they include healthful eating. I just got off a bout of emotional eating so I know what you'r talking about. I found my way back to healthful eating but with family committments going on haven't had time to log my food, but I need to start doing that to better monitor my dietary cholesterol, saturated fat and carbs. I will accept Robin's advice to you and make logging a goal next week.

Robin, thanks for the reminder on your quote. I'm going to make logging one of my goals next week. You have every reason to be proud of your accomplishments last week. Special kudos on the veggies and meditations.

Nyda, great to see you! I have a friend in Illinois who has been struggling to keep her outdoor plants and two fig trees alive because of the drought in her part of the state. Kudos on your blood sugar and A1C! My next tests for those are Sept 3. Six months ago I had my pre-diabetes reduced to normal blood sugar through diet and exercise alone. I just got off an emotional eating binge, so I am working hard to be really good. I know I can get my fasting blood sugar to normal by Sept. 3, but expect my A1C to reflect my recent emotional eating--which I'm over now. So I'll at least be able to tell the doc my fasting blood sugar is a true reflection as to how I've been back on track and can honestly promise her my A1C will be normal again next time.
My husband used to take meds for slightly high blood pressure, but got off the meds after I read online that reducing carbs can help lower blood pressure. Cutting way back on white foods such as rice and potatoes and switching to Dreamfield's low digestible carb pasta is what helped him. (It tastes exactly like regular pasta-no sacrifice in taste, but costs a little more. I find it at all supermarkets where I live--Kroger, Meijer, and Walmart. And no, I down own stock in Dreamfields or get paid to do commercials for them. LOL) Aw, what a loving thing to do to look out for the kitties. So glad the humane society helped you. Enjoy your sweet pets!

We are so enjoying fresh produce from husband's garden: spearmint, cabbage, squash, onions, green peppers, and tomatoes (the green beans and broccoli are gone--all eaten)

Dinner tonight will be baked chicken, sauteed cabbage and fresh sliced tomatoes. And a nice big pitcher of spearmint tea.

Tomorrow's dinner will include onions, green peppers, and tomatoes in a low carb, low cholesterol and low saturated fat turkey sausage and peppers casserole that also includes Dreamfields low digestible carb pasta. It's so yummy one would never know it's healthful. We'll add summer squash to our tossed salads.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:11 AM
FitDay Member

Mern I always learn a lot from you. I had no idea reducing carbs could low blood pressure too. I admire you and Nyda for lowering A1C through diet. My A1C currently is 7.4. When I was first diagnosed it was 7.1

Yesterday I almost finished cleaning out the spare room. I just need to get a junk removal van come for a couple bigger items.
Jenn
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 AM
FitDay Member

8 glasses of water per day: Y, Y, Y
8k walking per week: 2k, N, N,
Calories under 1100 per day:800, 1052, 1069

The last 3 days are going better. Tomorrow I have the blood test and then I see my doctor on the 20th. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 08-11-2013, 06:21 AM
FitDay Member

Jenn, aw, I'm glad I've posted some stuff that was new to you. I reduced my fasting blood sugar from pre-diabetic 114 to a normal 95 and my A1C from pre-diabetic 6.7 to a normal 5.8 through low carb with my doctor's supervision. Before I try any new idea I run it past my doctor first to be sure it's worth a shot and is safe. DH's doctor put him on meds when his blood pressure was 150/80 something. Since he quit taking the meds and started following lower carb, his blood pressure now is 126/84 or closer to normal than that. He and I have different doctors in different medical practices, but they both agree (even though his doc suggest pills before self-help) that weight loss can help lower blood pressure AND that those with elevated blood pressure who follow lower carb diets usually have a nicer drop in blood pressure along with the weight loss, resulting in requiring a lower dose of blood pressure meds or no longer needing meds. Must be fun enjoying the extra space in your spare room. We are so lucky where I live. Twice a year our township has a free junk removal program--we have to take it to the township hall parking lot ourselves, but they dispose of our junk for free.

Libby, your report reminded me I am gravely slacking on water lately. Kudos on making your calorie target. My doc doesn't want me to go under 1200 calories per day--she doesn't have to twist my arm on that issue. LOL Be assured my thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow and then again on the 20th.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:22 AM
FitDay Member

This week's goals:

1. Workout 3x, M-walk, T-Walk, W-walk, Th-Walk/Run, F-N, S-Walk, Su-Walk
2. Eat 3 veg per day, M-1, T-4, W-4, Th-9 (yes that's correct-9), F-1 (better do an average for the week lol), S-5, Su-5
3. Do 3 (extra) chores per day, M-1, T- 1 very big one, W-3 (1 was plumbing yick), Th-3, F-0, S-5, Su-5 , [
4. 3 Lovingkindness meditations: M-Y, T-N. W-Y, Th-N, F-Y, S-N, Su-N

Good for all who are here today! See ya next week!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.