7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013 >

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013

Community
Notices

7 Day Motivational Thread Starting 7-15-2013

Old 07-17-2013, 03:43 AM
FitDay Member

Epi, I had to laugh at your post!
I sweat a lot when I am doing yardwork even if it isn't that hot. I can't remember the last time I went swimming! I am too self concious to wear a bathing suit in public.

Jenn
Old 07-17-2013, 03:50 AM
FitDay Premium Member

New here . . . Just stumbled onto the Monday Motivation on Wednesday!
1. Stay within calorie budget.
2. Walk for 1 hour 5x in the week.
3. Do not give up.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:19 AM
FitDay Member

Donna and Robin, thanks for the stress relief ideas.

Kocialapcia, my whole family loved camping when I was a kid. In my adulthood I VISITED them at the campground during the day and didn't stay the night.

Quinn, thanks so much for sharing. I didn't want to intrude by asking what the surgery was about, so am delighted to read of the benign outcome. My big sister went to the doctor one morning for a bad backache and that very afternoon she was told she had terminal cancer of the spine. She lived only two months. Your advice on taking good care of our bodies can save a life. Kudos on your walking!

Libby, congrats on your loss!

Jenn, hi. Nice goals.

Mel-Mc, you are most probably right that your little uppage is just water weight. That can come off quickly. LOL on your inner princess coming out.
Old 07-17-2013, 04:35 AM
FitDay Member

Good Morning!

Mern! I'm so sorry about your husband's accident. We had someone back into our 1 month old car on July 4th, so I commiserate! After daughter totaling her car going to work last summer, I don't even want to know what this will do to our (already nation's highest) car insurance rates... ugh. So happy everyone is safe. Thought of you today and last summer's trip to the island... FUDGE! I want fudge!

Another 90-95 degree day today... far too much for this northern girl to stomach. We have no a/c as we really only need it for 1 or 2 weeks a year, and this is it. Got my walk in at 7:30 am this morning. By 8:15, it was already 82 degrees! I'll take 50 degree sweater weather any day over this. Not my cup of tea, that's for sure. The first floor of our house is always a comfortable 65-70 degrees, but I can't do the 2 flights of stairs to get there!

Drum roll please!!! I put my own socks on today!! Woohoo!! (...probably only exciting to me! ) So, the last few things that limit me are driving, lifting and steps for 3 more weeks... not bad. Leg strength is about 85%. General mobility is awesome (...thanks yoga!). Walking endurance is fantastic. I think it's just the heat that is sapping me a little there.

Promised my daughter, before all of this, that I would make it to a previously scheduled meeting at her university next week concerning budgeting her full ride and I fully intend to keep my promise... LOOONNGGG drive, but a promise is a promise and I am the one who has been in charge of this for the past 2 years... hubby wouldn't know where to start, unfortunately. She had doubts 3 weeks ago that I would make it, but I assured her that I absolutely would... and I will.

1. Increase walking distance every other day as tolerated working toward 4 mile goal. Yes, Yes, only thing limiting me is the heat.

2. Eat only nutrient-rich, healthy food. No bakery, soda, deep fried, fast food... nothing. Could have done better but hot weather is limiting food choices a bit, ate very little yesterday. Again, heat related.

3. Do something each day that I couldn't do the day before. Yes! (Still wishing that I could put my own socks on though... lol) YESIREEE!!! Sock goal accomplished!!! Claps for me!!! Also did hamstring stretches on the stairway... felt soooo good!! Also took myself off of all prescription anti-inflammatories yesterday and feel awesome!

Old 07-17-2013, 04:45 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by Mern

Quinn, thanks so much for sharing. I didn't want to intrude by asking what the surgery was about, so am delighted to read of the benign outcome. My big sister went to the doctor one morning for a bad backache and that very afternoon she was told she had terminal cancer of the spine. She lived only two months. Your advice on taking good care of our bodies can save a life. Kudos on your walking!
Thank you, dear... It was a wild ride, for sure. So sorry to hear about your sister's outcome. I was given a similar possibility going into surgery, so to say that I am immensely and overwhelmingly grateful is an understatement. I'll gladly take the numb leg any day. Hoping that there is a possibility that this may cure some of the back issues that I have been dealing with for the past few years. Fingers crossed! Smoky's... get ready! Here I come!
Old 07-17-2013, 04:49 AM
FitDay Member

Mern, my Mom was rear-ended by a cabbie when we went for bloodwork last week. He didn't realize that there is one entrance to go in and one to go out. Made an already stressful day even worse!

Quinn, your post made me smile! How happy you are just to do something that we all take for granted--putting on our socks.

Stay cool everyone!!
Jenn
Old 07-17-2013, 05:39 AM
FitDay Member

This week is not off to a great start, and to top everything off, my pet hamster died. I found her yesterday. It looked like she just went to sleep as usual, and never woke back up.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:43 AM
FitDay Member

Originally Posted by jjrudd
Mern, my Mom was rear-ended by a cabbie when we went for bloodwork last week. He didn't realize that there is one entrance to go in and one to go out. Made an already stressful day even worse!

Quinn, your post made me smile! How happy you are just to do something that we all take for granted--putting on our socks.

Stay cool everyone!!
Jenn
Lol... For the past couple of weeks, my feet never looked so far away!!!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:45 AM
FitDay Premium Member

Quinn: That is awesome news about your socks! You are recovering very fast. Great!

712014: Welcome and good luck with your goals!

Claire: I am so sorry about your hamster.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:46 AM
FitDay Member

I thought I would be smart today and check with fit day to see what I was cooking for supper tonight and it looks OK. I even have calories left over for dessert if I chose to have something. I don't know if any one else does this but I think it's a great idea, that way you can change your choices if they are too high or over your limit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.